Ch. 20

3rd pov

"jaize... What're they doing here...?" Lucci whispered.

"hmm? I invited them, why?"

"nothing..."

"so (y/n)-San, I have never met their branch of the family, but how are they?" jaize asks.

"pretty chaotic, I must say... Just at the dinner table it's already split between children and grown up, I've always sat at the grown up side of the table" (y/n) shuddered at the memory of that time where Wilbur laughed maniacally.

"oh...? I.. I see, nothing like Lucci. But so far, Lucci! Have you met your other cousins?" jaize asked

"yes... I have... Technoblade has always been my favorite.... He's... Got the dark humor." Lucci said.

"dark humor? He doesn't even talk much" shachi mentions.

"oh so you thought... First impression is that, when you get to know him... Well... That." Lucci huffed.

"I remember his dark humor, one time he made a joke about how blind people can't read." (y/n) scoffed a laughter.

"ahh yes.... The blind joke... That shit never gets old with technoblade.... The self proclaimed 'blood god'... Is he still an anarchist?" Lucci asks

"oh, a hardcore one."

"two, four, six, eight?" Lucci starts.

"who do we appreciate?" (y/n) hummed

"definitely not the government" Lucci scoffed.

"you still remember his chant" (y/n) laughed.

"who wouldn't...? Every time he wins... Every time he succeeds... Every time he as small as jumped over a fence in a video game... That guy always chants the same shit over and over." Lucci hummed

"what do you mean over and over?"

"oh please... Even when you were younger... The guy literally bragged how loud he is... It was... Annoying you do realize that the twins are already... Immortal?" Lucci asks.

"what...?"

"yeah, I'm older than them by a year. And I'm 25 thousand... Imagine that" Lucci rolled her eyes.

"no way! I didn't know!" (y/n) yelled

"just look at them carefully... Techno's eyes are like mine, the white part of my eyes are now black, right?"

"yeah..."

"Wilbur has a scar across his face, and is constantly tired, right?"

"very"

"that's one of which they already died and had become immortal"

"ooohhh.... So the remaining mortal is..."

"you" Lucci said

"me?"

"yes. You."

"how...?"

"dream was pushed off a cliff and got impaled, foolish was buried alive, sapnap was burned to death by some crime he didn't commit"

"explaining the ability they have... Dream can summon anything that can stab, foolish can control the eart, sapnap is fire..." (y/n) summed it up, "I thought it was born gifts."

"no..."

"but... Wilbur-San said he's just 26"

"they use their mortal age they died in... Like I died when I was 25, while they died at 26, 24, and 22. I'm the oldest of all of them regarding... Literal age."

"that sucks" (y/n) hummed

"why? Is it because you're the last mortal one? Don't be..." Lucci hums.

"I mean..."

"you only have one life, and that one life is short... Death is longer, I promise you" (y/n) hummed lightly.

"if you mean it that way... Why didn't you..?" she asks.

"did what?" Lucci wants to know, because all this interrogation doesn't really makes sense to them.

"you've died, yet I never see you anywhere but the family album, maybe small stories, but nothing else." (y/n) said

"ahh... That... It just doesn't feel right... Going back" Lucci sighs.

"why wouldn't it feel right? They're looking for you, they'd be more than delighted that you have a child... Aunt puffy mostly" (y/n) shrugged at the last part.

"it doesn't since-"

"mother~! I'm home~!" lemon hummed

"how was shopping my dear?" jaize chuckled

"fun, anyway... Here's your wallet, the storm is now building up outside, too" lemon said

"is that so...? I forgot, I'm the cook tonight... If you may, excuse me please" Lucci said as they left.

"wait... Lucci-San knows how to cook?" shachi asks.

"yeah, they know the basics and decided to take a little bit of time with it and now they're a cook. We switch turns" jaize laughs.

"cool" penguin smiles.

"where did Lucci-San get the scar?" (y/n) asks.

"oh... That," jaize hummed, "it's something they keep a secret, I know, but it feels like I'd betray them if I tell you, I hope you understand, dear miss (y/n)" jaize hums

"it's alright... But... Are you guys married?" (y/n) asked

"of course we are! We just proclaim as girlfriends, but they're actually my married partner. We're married," jaize laughs.

"where's the ring?" law asks as he noticed that despite the married state, they both don't have a ring.

"we keep it, but if you should know Lucci gave me a simple but very beautiful ring, how it shimmers and shines, it's pretty much my wish" jaize sighs.

"that's so cute~ but... Question" penguin hums.

"go ahead"

"when they talked earlier, why does Lucci-San pause? Two or more seconds the maximum?"

"that's because Lucci has a difficult situation when talking, if they keept talking, they'd stutter, they stutter a lot because when they're younger, they were pretty much not allowed to talk..." jaize hums, "I remember when we were children, as small as laughing... Their parents would hit them... So until now, they still fear the same..." she sighs.

Lucci has let jaize with a few information to share just incase people were to ask her instead of them.

I mean... Who would you want to ask? The Ray of sunshine or the thunder of the storm? Yeah.

"why would parents do such a thing? Don't they know Lucci-ya can simply report them?" law asks.

"that's the point, they can't. They haven't talked for years... They just did when they proposed to me... It was romantic I still remember it like it was yesterday..." jaize fantasized again

"damn, mommy still remembers the day she met mother dearest~" lemon rolled her eyes and sat on Lucci's seat.

"ahh yes... I do frankly remember" jaize hums

"how?" shachi, penguin, and (y/n) asked excitedly.

"hehe, it was a dark winter night... Here, at the same island..." jaize starts.

.......

"dinner is done..." Lucci hums as they scanned the room.

"perfect! I'm hungry," lemon laughs.

"what's for lunch dear?" jaize asked as she wrapped her arms around their waist.

"I made some cream crab stew and onigiri, if that's alright?" Lucci asks

"yay! And it's my favorite!" lemon jumps

"that's a yes" jaize laughed.

"come on everyone, it's dinner time"