Ch. 18

3rd pov

Kidd had planned something and (y/n) sensed it immediately.

The sound of crunching snow underneath their feet was the only sound available to lessen the tense surroundings.

They soon arrived at a bar, it was empty besides the bartender.

It would have been normal since it's midday, bars would most likely be full by dawn.

Still, the feeling of being followed lingered her senses as law fumbled in his head about how possible that they could be followed.

They sat down by the middle of the bar, the bartender seemed... Attentive.

Considering there's two different crews here, but his attentiveness wasn't on that, it was as if he was waiting for a specific command, a yell, maybe even a silent glance.

(y/n) noticed this immediately, the look that specific bartender gave her wasn't one she always encountered.

"so, what do you want from us?" law started.

The air was so tense you can cut it with a knife.

"since you like getting straight to the point" kidd huffs, "give me one of your crewmates."

"no" law immediately retorded.

He's not a bastard to do such a thing, nor is he a traitor against his own crew.

And besides, he knew who kidd was after.

(y/n).

Why go after her? No one exactly knows...

Maybe kidd was enthralled by the amount of knowledge she had back when she was 'saving' his first mate.

Or maybe he knew her power and strenght.

Like I anyone could've guessed millions of questions would be considerable, but none actually exact.

"why not?" kidd asks, now getting mad.

"because it's my crew. You have own. I have mine, leave them. Leave my crew alone" law said.

If the air wasn't this tense, it went even more tense.

"don't make this difficult for me." kidd growled.

"you're living your fantasy. What do you actually want from us?" law grumbled.

"I meant what I said. Just give me the damn girl!" kidd finally admitted and stood up in anger.

"no" law simply said, "and it's like she wants to as well" law turned to (y/n) who shook her head silently.

"see?"

"I know you'd say that" kidd grunted before feeling the walls closing in and in a blink of an eye.

Law was wrestled to the floor along with the others but (y/n) was grabbed by the arm tightly.

"you're coming with me" kidd growled.

(y/n) tried to pry herself only to get punched by the gut by none other than the captain.

Wind immediately got out from her chest, causing her knees to buckle and her body felt weak.

"oi. What do you think you're doing to my cousin?" someone said behind kidd as a dark shadow showed behind him.

A tall woman, and a strong one at that, just by the aura.

The woman punched kidd making him let go of (y/n).

"...? Lucci?" she let's out

"behind me. Now." the woman ordered in which (y/n) gladly did so.