11

After they finished, Gulf put it in the oven. As they wait for it, both of them went on the sofa to have a sit for while.

They're both silent and no one is trying to talk to each other. Silence for both of them actually means peace, but this silence right now is uncomfortable for them.

Gulf glanced at Mew as Mew is scrolling through his phone. When Mew would look at him, he'll look away like nothing happened.

Wow, the floor is so clean.

Mew took a deep breath. This silence is deafening and uncomfortable. "So.." he spoke. Gulf looked at him. "how long til it finally cooks?," Mew tried to spoke.

"20 or 30 minutes. I think?," Gulf don't know but he felt so stupid right now.

"Oh," Mew nods his head. He sat straight and look at him. He was about to ask something when his phone rang. Mew tsked and he looks annoyed, but when he saw who called, he calm himself and stood up. "I need to answer this," Mew said. Gulf nod his head at him, and Mew excused himself.

Gulf just pouted as he slumped his back on the sofa. "So.. what to do now??,"

~

Mew went a meter away from the house and that's when he answered the call. "Hello my best friend!," Mew just rolled his eyes when he heard Tong's annoying voice.

"You're just have your free time now?,", Mew asked in his indifferent voice.

"Wow. No hi, hello?," Tong asked as he sounds like sulking.

"Shut it. You keep me waiting," Mew tsked. He heard Tong scoffed incredulously. "You just asked something to me yesterday night!," Tong really can't with Mew and his thin patience. After sometime he sighed. "Now tell me what you want to know,"

Tong is one of Mew's best friend. He's a badass when it comes to hacking systems and collecting informations. And Mew is actually thankful for having him as a friend because, he can just call him anytime when he asked something that is related to those stuffs.

"About what happened 6 years ago," he said in a serious tone.

Tong was beyond shock when he heard what he said. "W-What? Again, again," Tong asked. He wants to know if he heard it right.

"Do you have a problem in your hearing?," Mew doesn't have time for jokes. He wants to know something and he's dying to know the truth.

"Tsk, so I heard it right.." he heard him mumbling. "Okay, so what part of it do you want to know?," Tong asked. His voice is serious now.

Mew took a deep breath. "I want to know who's that person." He said. He heard a keyboard sound from the other line and after sometime, he heard Tong's voice. "Is that all?,"

"And I want to know what happened to him after few years," he added. He heard a keyboard sound again. "Is that all?," Tong asked. Mew nodded as if he'll see it. "That's all. How much time does it takes?,"

Tong shook his head while clicking his tongue. "Just by hearing you now, I can say that something happened." Tong said and toon a deep breath. "Mostly it'll take like a week? But for you my friend.. I'll work hard to dig that information,"

"How long?," Mew asked, getting impatient.

"Uh.. 5.. days?—,"

"Fuck!," Mew cursed. "That long?!,"

Tong wasn't shock. He see it coming. "Have a problem with that ma' friend?,"

"Can't I see it in 3 days, maybe?,", Mew rub his face as he's getting frustrated.

"I mean, I can just let you find that information if you're that impatient," Tong just said.

Mew rolled his eyes. "Fine! 5 days okay?,"

"Of course." Tong said. And just like that, the call ended.

He's frustrated and annoyed when he's walking back to the house but when he saw Gulf playing with his hand, it just disappeared. Gulf looked at him with a soft expression on his face. "You okay?," Even his voice is soft too.

Mew nodded and shameless sat beside him and lay his head on his shoulder, which make Gulf shock to the core.

"Can I stay like this for a while?," Mew requested.

~

Gulf don't know what to say. It's a sudden move and he wasn't even prepared. But hearing his request, he can't say no. Especially that he can here frustration in his voice. Gulf nodded. "Suit yourself," he said.

I'm asking for all the saints help. Please please, don't let him hear my beating heart.

But lady luck might not be on his side right now. "Your heart is beating fast," he heard Mew said.

"It's because I'm still alive," Well, it makes sense but it's a lame excuse for Gulf.

"Yeah?," Mew asked and held his hand. He suddenly put it in his own chest. Like his heart, it's also beating fast. "Does it mean I'm alive to right?,"

Gulf looked at him. "No. You're dead," he sarcastically said. Mew just chuckled as he can't help but to pinch his cheek. Gulf's heart is now on a rampage. "You're so cute."

He's frantically panicking inside. It feels like his organs are shaking inside him and he can feel the whole zoo in his stomach. Gulf don't know what to say or what do to anymore, so without saying anything, he stood up and went to the kitchen.

Mew just shook his head in amusement as he follow Gulf. He stayed on the entrance of the kitchen as he observe Gulf.

Gulf is walking back in forth. He's cupping his chest where his heart it and he's massaging it a bit, hoping that his heart will beat back into his normal pace, but it didn't.

And Mew's image flashing on his mind is not helping either. He looked at the entrance of the kitchen only to find the person that is the reason behind his beating heart.

"W-What are you doing there?," He asked, stuttering.

Mew shook his head no and walk towards him. "Nothing. Just want to know if you're okay," Mew said.

Suddenly the oven make a 'ting' sound so Gulf immediately put a mitten and took the cupcakes he baked from the oven. Mew hummed in satisfaction when the smell of the cupcakes hit his nostrils. It's making him drool.

"Looks delicious," Mew can't help but to say.

Gulf smiled at him. Mew complimenting him is giving him a feeling that he couldn't explain. "Yeah?,"

"Mmm," Mew nodded. "Just like you,"

———

Don't forget to vote and let me know what do you think in the comments :3

[P.s: I change my book covers, cuz I change name too. Just saying :)]