Call to action

The wick of a candle was lit and illuminated the room in a soft yellow hue, casting a shadow over the anbu who kneeled in the corner.

"So your missions were a success I see. Your new mission will take place in two nights, train during the days you're inactive unless Hiruzen has use for you"

"Yes sir" The blond boy simply left without any further action. Once he was outside an anbu with a cat mask appeared before him with a scroll in hand, giving it to him before leaving again. Using the teleportation jutsu, he left the grounds in silence; only an uplift of dust as an indication of his presence.

"That's excellent Kakashi. So this team is working out after all then?" Hiruzen said as he took in a puff of smoke from his pipe. The door creaked open and out jumped a shorter kid, who face planted before making it in to far.

"Ah, honorable grandson!!" Ebisu called out before apologizing to the Hokage and taking his leave; the boy with him.

"ahem, yes the teams working well with just the two members for now." Kakashi said while nodding in agreement with Hiruzen. A sudden appearance behind the third Hokage shocked Sasuke and Sakura at the all to familiar mask. The blond anbu handed a scroll to the man and spoke, shocking the genin at how young and familiar his voice sounded.

"You summoned me here, Lord third"

"Ah yes, thank you for the report. Here's the rest of your orders" He gave him another scroll and away the anbu went. A nostalgic and un welcoming feeling washed over Sakura and Sasuke when he left. The yellow hair brought back memories of a kid, but his face was blurred; unable to make out any sort of facial feature of colour. Other than the spiky yellow hair, no other colour came out of the memory of the boy.

"Now then. Most of the other missions have been carried out so you all get the week off until further notice. Kakashi and his team bowed before exiting the room. Sasuke was fuming at this point, not going unnoticed by the former anbu member.

They left the building and the question was asked. "Sasuke, what are you riled up about?" The Uchiha froze in his tracks, considering the idea of answering.

"Who was that kid? You sure seemed to know him" His voice was full of accusation, Sakura watched in curiosity of what would happen. Kakashi stood apposed to his student and a breeze that uplifted leaves blew in between them; sensei and student on separate sides.

"He's an Anbu member with the name fox, he told you this back at the bridge. I had met him before on a mission and that's how I know him."

Clicking of a cane snapped Sasuke out of his question filled state. 'Now I want to fight this guy. If I can beat him, then I will be strong enough to beat Itachi' he thought as he eyed the bearer of the cane. A man mostly covered in bandages was walking towards the Hokage tower, a questionable aura surrounded him.

"Here Sasuke, if you have any more questions you can ask Danzo; he's the leader of the Anbu." As the man walked by them he came to a halt and eyed the trio.

"Young Uchiha, is there a question you have regarding your recent mission" He asked.

"No. More of a request for a test of strength" The statement had everyone raise an eyebrow "I wish to challenge one of the anbu members" Danzo looked amused at the prospect and began to ponder it over.

'Hmn, Naruto would win either way; however this might be beneficial to my plan later' He gave a wicked smile and agreed. The Uchiha smirked and Sakura began to worry. Kakashi was questioning the motive for the sudden agreement as well as even tolerating then question.

"Fox shall meet you at the training ground for team 7 at six tomorrow morning" The Uchiha nodded and now his day was fulfilled. Getting to test out his strength on such an opponent would surely be a good prospect, right? After all, he seemed weak and yet strong at the same time no; more like aged, seasoned and mature especially for his young age and short stature hell he was shorter that all members of team seven.

When the dawn crept above the trees, shadows were cast on the shinobi. Danzo himself even appeared to watch the spectacle. The Uchiha had his hands in his pocket while the Anbu simply stood still like a stick; not a stitch of life detected in him. Sakura had joined in to help in the little excursion.

"Go" Kakashi called and they were off like bullets fired out of the chamber; aimed right at the blond who still just stood still without care. His eyes scanned the field as well as his prey, moves were anticipated and just like that it was over before it began; Sasuke pinned to the ground and a kunai held to Sakura's throat.

"My lord forgive the interruption, but I have orders from Lord third for Fox" A bird masked anbu said as he gave a deep bow before giving him a scroll. Danzo glanced at the one in question and in the blink of an eye, he was beside him reading the contents of the scroll.

The bird left in a flash and left them to their business. "Young Uchiha, since you lost the battle I have an exchange for you. You may participate in this mission if you are able to keep up with Fox. Kunoichi, you may follow as well. Kakashi, you may follow if you like" Danzo disappeared and left them.

The anbu did a deep bow before running off into the forest to begin his mission; to slaughter the bandits that had a hefty bounty on their heads.

Without hesitation Sasuke ran after him, Sakura and Kakashi simply came with mostly to keep an eye on the raven haired prodigy so he wouldn't do anything stupid while trying to keep up with the most feared tool that the leaf had. The terror he placed into people who simply heard his name was tale enough for most to keep their distance, but the Raven was arrogant enough to test his patience.

The trees would soon be painted with the blood of the wanted, bringing an all to familiar picture into focus.

A/N: End of chapter

Sorry for the awful chapter, I still hope you guys enjoyed it though! I'll update again soon. Please comment on anything you'd like to; whether its about the story, spelling, ideas, or suggestions, feel free to comment on anything and I'll try to get back to you!