Spoken through the breeze

Glass chimes sang throughout the countryside while dangling off a ajirogasa, pale from the sun exposure. A large scroll was secured by straps to the figures back. The figure, one of medium height and lean build, walked on the gravel path and was completely hidden beneath an oversized black cloak. It mirrored the silhouette of his enemies.

Shinobi, without a mark from any village, approached from the opposite direction. Rucksacks hung from their back and they let out loud mouth laughter along their way. The mask the figure wore smiled from under the shade of his bamboo hat. One of the shinobi had long hair a pale shade of purple while the other had black hair in a more traditional style.

Nudging the other with his elbow, both shinobi watched the cloaked man with a keen eye. Tilting up his chin, both nameless shinobi shared a like-minded moment. With the cloaked ninja coming closer and closer, so they prepared their little plan of action. Getting up in his personal space, the purple haired shinobi brushed shoulders and bumped into the man. Both nameless shinobi walked on, but only the purple one soon cried out in pain and collapsed to his knees. Blood fell onto the ground and pooled beneath him.

The purple man eyed the cloaked figure, regarding him in horror. "What the hell?!" The one with black hair pulled out his katana only to be startled by the ajirogasa that was blocking his vision. Cutting it down, he let out a yelp when face to face with the masked man. He brought down his blade and cut through the air. A gust of wind kicked up the dust and blinded the man temporarily. Frantically, the katana was swung in directions randomly.

Both men let out a gasp as they felt a force run past them with great speed. A purple head rolled and the black haired man was brought to his knees. Turning his head, his eyes fell onto a silver blade dripping with blood. The hilt was hidden in the cloaks black sleeve. The last thing he saw was spiky blond hair swaying in the breeze, and a mask smiling at him.

The shinobi were down, and the cloaked man brought out a scroll. He placed it on the ground and opened it. Performing the proper signs, both bodies were now stored safely inside. He deposited the scroll back into a small pouch and picked up the bamboo hat before walking on just as he did before he was interrupted.

Off in the distance, an older man watched in curiosity. Wooden sandals sounded hollow against the gravel, and a light breeze moved around his loose clothes and long grey hair. While bringing up his hand to his chin, he considered multiple things. This was a shinobi he was unfamiliar with, not truly recognizing him from any bingo books. Yet the chakra, though more bitter and chilling, was familiar. Deciding to walk on, he followed the cloaked man in complete curiosity. He is not dumb by any means, but he doesn't believe that this decision falls under such a category. 

The village he entered was small and quaint. No marking to show a name, but that means little. He'll just have to ask Tsunade about the nameless village in the land of fire. That should be easy enough, he needed to go there anyways.

Following at an appropriate distance, he simply kept tags on his new cloaked friend. He still had some things to attend to and it isn't like everything can be dropped for a single man.

Shinobi posted at the gate recognized him immediately. "Master Jiraiya, we've been expecting you." She said. "Please, follow me." Tucking black hair behind her ear, Jiraiya followed the young ninja around as she brought him to the villages leader.

In the corner of his eye, Jiraiya noticed that his little friend was no longer in sight. He chuckled. Something about that man amused him even though he cannot understand why. Though, he could be a threat. Perhaps that is why he is amused so highly.

The afternoon went on as expected. His meeting, though a bit bland, went off without a hitch over a bottle of sake. The leader of the village was a simple man with blue hair and yellow eyes. He seemed more grateful for the company than anything.