... only a tool

"I'm not Naruto anymore"

The stare down continued as Kakashi silently asked his deceased sensei and Kushina for forgiveness over what's happened to their child. He promised to take care of him or them. Hell even the third Hokage made that same promise. And it looks like they both broke it, only one seems to be intentionally doing it though.

How could he not have seen it. The intelligence, skill set, abilities, hair colour. It was almost to obvious and maybe that was why he over looked it.

Picking up the shards of his mask, he pulls out a scroll and places them into it as well as grabbing a new identical one.

A anbu with a bird mask appeared and handed a scroll off to Fox; nodding his head at the two of them before leaving.

Reading the contents of the scroll, he placed it in his pouch and looked at the silver haired ninja "I'm sorry Kakashi but I must take my leave. Watch the Uchiha, Orochimaru will be back for him"

And with that he dissapeared from the dark room. Leaving a slightly distraught Hatake and a unconscious Uchiha.

*******

"Hahehahe, come on ladies" blood dripped onto rocks as research continued. The nose trickled with blood as it continued.

"Lord Jairiya"

"Not now kid. Can't you see that I'm in the middle of some research–" he caught himself before he continued. 'Lord Jairiya?' He thought. It's not that he's never been called that. It's just the voice sounds to young to call him that.

"I have a message for you" the voice rang again. Suppose he should answer back, he's a pervert. Not rude.

"What do you want kid?" Turning around, he was met by a 4"9 blond about- ten he guesses in anbu apparel. What kind of joke is this?

Extending his hand, he gives the sannin the scroll that was inside the one given to him.

'Does the Hokage know about this?' Jairiya thought as he looked at the kid again. 'This must be Minato's kid. He's certainly got the hair. What the heck is he doing in the anbu?' Reading the scroll, he raised an eyebrow and nearly scoffed in disbelief.

A breeze rushed past them and rustled the leaves. "Fine. Let's get this over with" he said. The blond nodded and pivoted on his feet.

"Please keep up Lord Jairiya. Lord Danzo doesn't like being kept waiting" taking to the roof tops, the toad sage could already tell this would be a hassle. Something about the kid was off.

Maybe it's how tense he is, or how distant it feels when you're talking to him. A good description would be like pet listening to its master without question or resistance. It was drilled into him even if he wanted to disagree and make his own decisions.

He would figure it out later. For Kushina and Minato's sake. Jumping to the roof tops, he watched the kids every move. How he shifted his weight or took a step. He would find Kakashi later and tell him about this. He would more that likely want to know.

Stopping on a random rooftop, an anbu awaited them. He looked down at the kid and seemed to wait for Jairiya's eye contact before talking.

"Fox, Lord Danzo has sent me to give you this. It is another mission" handing him a scroll, when it was opened the sannin noticed it was written in code. Very few people in the village used this code, and he knows exactly who. He could only make out certain parts.

Giving the anbu a nod he began "Please escort Lord Jairiya to Lord Danzo. He is expecting him."

'This kids got some rank to be ordering them around like that' Jairiya wanted to follow this kid on whatever mission it was. Looked like a simple bandit one only it was an A rank. Seems a little high for a runt like him.

"Fox is it? I think I would like to accompany you on this mission of yours. Danzo can wait, I'm sure he won't mind me tagging along"

"If that is what you think is fit then so be it. Come on then. Please tell Lord Danzo that we will be late" Fox gave a bow before jumping to the next roof top and ducking into the forest.

Following him, Jairiya was anxious to see the fabled "Fox of death" in action.  See if he actually earns that title or it's just as grandiose as Danzo himself.

A/N: End of chapter

Sorry if it feel rushed or just crappy. And I apologize for it being short. Thank you for reading it and correct me where it needs to be!

Sayonara!