Unwanted reminders

Warnings: slight gore, violence, stuff like that

Ready to strike like an arrow to its target, the anbu ran into the forest; aware that he had some people tagging along like ticks that irritate the skin. The air became tense and serious as he prepped to strike first; swiftly and cleanly. Failure wasn't an option nor should it be considered; this was a routine operation done dozens of times before, only this time he has to watch out for the genin who could get in the way in an attempt to 'help'.

The first cut set off a chain reaction. He sensed about fifteen to twenty chakra signatures and mentally noted where each of them were. Now he had a plan in mind that would be executed perfectly and even called into account the problem that the others posed.

No not problem, obstacle he thinks as he continues to shrink the numbers to a create a one on one fight with the boss.

The snapping of necks and slicing of throats brought chills down Sasuke's spine as he watched the carnage unfold. Keeping up proved difficult as the anbu showed his athletic ability that far out did the trio put together.

The stoic Uchiha gained reminders that should stay long in the past at the sight of slaughter, the memory of his parents being slayed in front him by his older brother. A mercenary charged at him and he did the same, preparing to upstage the Anbu who was across from him.

Building up chakra, he engaged in the battle against the much older man who had a crazy look in his eye that seemed to spark something in Sasuke as he brought a kunai down and clashed further with the man.

Bringing up his other arm, the man slammed down two weapons down against Sasuke. Kakashi jumped in and deflected the weapons before disarming the crazed man who was cackling. Sakura threw a trap and entwined the man in it.

Smirking at the small victory it was very short lived, the anbu jumping off a tree and slitting the mans throat without hesitation before throwing the body in a scroll. Sasuke nearly did a full body shiver at the complete ruthlessness of the blond who, dammit, couldn't be any older than him. I mean, he's too short for that!

The massacre continued, with bodies being placed in scrolls and blood painting the trees like cherry blossoms. When the person who they guessed was the leader showed up the air turned colder than the blonds eyes.

"You're the one they sent this time?! The leaf must be getting desperate if they send in a runt like yourself." The words were boisterous and flamboyant, the opposite of the anbu,

"You are lucky enough to choose you fate. Either come with me quietly, or dead in a scroll" The threat made it purpose known to the leaf ninja, but not so much the mercenary, who carried on like it didn't happen or like he was talking to a toddler.

"Like hell I'd ever submit to a powerless runt like yourself! Now here's what's going to happe-" The rest would never be heard, the anbu threw a kunai that grazed his ear and cut a nick into it. The momentary distraction would be his demise. The anbu ran forwards, jumped up onto his shoulders, wrapped his hands around the mercenary's head and spun it till the neck snapped.

Jumping down from the dead man, he simply placed him in a scroll and walked out of the forest. The two genin were shocked at how cold he was, like this was almost normal or something. Kakashi simply watched, not wanting to get involved with the anbu like he once was. Still, at the age he is and to be slaughtering like that... sure he had seen him in action years prior when he was still in the anbu, but this is even worse that before.

Something struck him as familiar, though. Like he should know him or at least know him through someone. His yellow hair reminds him of his late teacher but that couldn't be the fourths orphan, the third Hokakge would never allow such a thing to happen to the child of his predecessor.

Team 7 carried on with their day and agreed to leave the subject on a shelve until a further date.

"So you completed your mission, Naruto. Excellent, here are the following ones" handing him another scroll, the third seemed pleased with himself. The blond now hand over a dozen missions to complete within one and a half days before moving onto Danzo's missions for him.

"Yes sir" The blond, after no further conversation was held, disappeared out of the room.

A/N: End of chapter

Happy Easter Guys!! Hope you all enjoy this day!