Damn the past

(Warnings: child abuse and abandonment, gore)

The water binds tightened as something ticked in his head. Lord Danzo won't be happy with this. Unless he doesn't tell him about these new emotions he's found. No. No that will back fire-

"Damn rodent's been hiding in the leaf all this time. Fancy that. The third really did stick you back in this hell hole after everything-" the katana had an ethereal ring to it as it teased the prospect of slicing the mans throat.

The man put on a sly grin; crooked yellow teeth were the only thing that was notable in features.

"Still short-tempered as ever I see, what is it that they call you now? Fox?" Words that were laced with toxin ran down Fox's spine. He shouldn't be bothered by this... he really shouldn't be. So why? Why now of all times is he affected by nothing but a bit of teasing?

He was trained to ignore such juvenile acts and continue on with the mission. So why in hell is he unable to kill this enemy shinobi?

His hand gained a slight tremble and his heart skipped a beat as one particularly painful memory played in the back of his mind.

"So then, this is the brat you have promised us?" A man stared at a child covered is bruises and in torn clothes. The kid looked at the ground with blank eyes as his breaths were uneven and cold.

***

A man with a scar on his chin and half covered in cloth nodded; cane tapping against the bruise covered boy who flinched at the contact.

Eyeing up the jinchuriki, the buyer had a sneaky grin as he made the deal.

The Hokage and man shook hands, giving solid nods to one and other before everything became official.

Tugging the boy by the chain wound around his neck and wrists, the blonds eyes were full of tears as he excepted his fate with a heavy heart.

Danzo's scheme was now in motion as he watched his pawn get taken away until he would be fit for his new position.

***

"Come on now you piece of filth" voice raised, he leaned forwards til his neck touched the sharp sword. "Just fucking do it. Show that all the pampering they've done was worth their fucking ti–"

Hand still gripping the handle of the katana, Fox crouched down to fully look the man in the eyes.

Mouth dripping with blood and eyes wide in shock, the tormentor was unable to shift his head with the blade that stuck through his neck.

"Never insult Lord Danzo's methods, again" Fox's words were clear and without anything that resembled emotion. "Don't ever put the Leaf's good name on that vile tongue of yours"

Removing the katana, he did a long; wide swing and off came the other enemies heads.

As he stood there figuring out what he just did, Jiraiya watched on with curiosity.

Naruto killed so many of the other enemies like it was nothing, so why was this particular shinobi any different?

Jiraiya's brain was on full throttle as he jumper down behind his should be ward only to find that the once stoic aura that he held was now one of terror.

"Lord Jiraiya, I'm sorry for boring you with my tasks. Please follow me now so that we may not keep Lord Danzo any longer." Fox turned around and met his gaze.

Something was definitely off. He'll check the bingo books for these shinobi later. Now, Jiraiya has to meet with Danzo to finally talk about that training the snake wants.

****

The foundation is as cold as ever. Anbu simply coming and going as they need and nothing is out of character.

In the center, Danzo is giving orders to another batch of anbu.

"Lord Danzo, please forgive my lateness?" As the old man turned to face them, the other anbu scattered to wherever they had to be.

He must have notices something was  off as his facial expression was anything but pleased.

A/N: end of chapter

So so sooo sorry for both the late and short chapter, I haven't been on much but, Oh Damn Did the views skyrocket!

The first chapter alone has near 200 views so thank you all so much!

Should I cross post this onto my AO3 account? What do you guys think?

If you have anything you'd like to see in this boom or have any suggestions of how to improve it, please tell me them either by comment or DM, I don't mind and I encourage it!

Next one should be longer so not to worry!