Pretty Little Poison

(A/N: I'll be responsible this time and give the warnings)

Warning: Torture, blood, gore, extreme violence, the usual. Enjoy!

Candle light produced a warm glow, casting a cold shadow on the wall. Steam cascaded off the rim of a ceramic cup filled with green matcha. Danzo lifted the cup to his lips and drank the hot liquid. Above him, a figure shrouded in darkness. Kneeling on the ceiling, a family face awaited orders.

"The Leaf has acquired a potentially powerful asset. Deal with the danger he poses." He spoke in a low tone. Placing his cup down, the air flowed around the loose fabric of his sleeve as the figure above him left the room.

A devilish grin complimented his wrinkly features.

****************

"You're more impressive than I thought." Deidara spat blood onto the boot worn by the head of the Torture and Interrogation division. Sweat dripped down his face, a grin plastered across it. His mind failed to crack, not able to fragment the way these people needed it to.

Ibiki Morino, the man conducting the torturous operation, chose to stay silent. He would get this man to talk. It wouldn't even be that hard. Opting for a more... graphic style of tactic, he quickly shifted from one style to the next like it was easy as reading from word to word.

Another half hour of torture ensued yet neither man was getting anywhere.

"This is the best in the Leaf? Ha!" The man jeered, a wide smile on his face. A drop of sweat dripped from his forehead down to his chin.

"Not the best in the Leaf, no." The mockery stopped, the Akatsuki member falling painfully silent now. Shadows encased them and only a red light from above cast any shadow. "No, that's to come." A rush of energy knocked the man back ten feet, the legs of the chair threatening to collapse from the power. Sour and malicious, a strange feeling entered the air. A spark of anxiety popped in his chest. What the fuck was going on?

Faster than the eye could keep up with, a slice was delivered to his chin, then to his knees, cutting through both the man's kneecaps with the precision on a scalpel. The man whimpered in pain, stomping his feet up and down to fight against the stinging. Blood dripped down and splashed all around as the thrashing continued.

The man looked up to find Ibiki gone, seemingly vanishing into thin air. Taking in deep breaths, he looked around frantically. A blade sang to him as its tip ticked his neck. He looked ahead and saw a figure squatting in front of him, wielding a katana and wearing the mask of an anbu.

"They resorted to using anbu? Ha! Pathetic!" Whoever thought it was a good ides to bring a black ops member to torture him was damn stupid. Flattered as he was, the fact that this is what they chose to use spoke volumes of their resources and skill set. He'd get out of there soon enough. Having kill as many anbu members as he had, this would be easy.

The anbu member recognized this man, recalling his picture in the bingo book. Deidara, no formal surname on record; a rogue shinobi from the hidden stone village. Wielder of a unique kekkei genkai, this man  was certainly a force of nature. If not for his lack of wits and obsession with art, even Kakashi might have struggled to win against him. Yet here Deidara sits before him, witless and no more dangerous than a newborn. 

Deidara watched the man intently, mind going to the worst scenario before rationality could lead him onto a better track. A sluggish feeling came over him, leaving him slow and unable to function at high capacity. Did he drug him? No, he would know if this anbu did that. 

"If you expect answers, I expect questions." Deidara taunted. The anbu failed to react, instead Deidara's smile fell into a disappointed frown. This guy was quite the character. Pain surged through Deidara's hand and blood squirt as he lost all but three fingers. Biting his tongue, that too had blood drawn as pain and discomfort shot through his limb. A kunai became embedded in the Akatsuki member's foot, then a shuriken he didn't realize was coming his way grazed past his ear and kicked it good, cutting as least an inch deep.