Forever Lost

The sky had never looked so black before. Even the lightning never stood a chance at brightening it. Smoke billowed up in huge puffs while fire ate away buildings that once stood tall. The screams of men, women, and pathetic children echoed into the night, but Danzo didn't care about those poor excuses for ninja. They served but one purpose, and now that that was complete, they were useless. He never did like them, but he did love the one thing they managed to create. His tool was now ready, and Danzo made sure that all anbu stayed away this night; he was the only one who needed to be there. 

The long blade was removed from one persons back while a whip with backwards Iron teeth was ripped from a women's face, leaving it unrecognizable.

A blond figure walked towards Danzo, weapons held in an unchallenging way. The anbu leader smirked, happy with the result. He would enjoy the results of missions moving forwards. One time was one too many, no mission would ever be failed again. He would make sure of it.

"Fox," Danzo began, a mask in hand. He held it out for the blond to grab. This mask was different than what Fox once wore. "Finish the job, then meet me in the leaf. You know where to go." Reaching for the mask, he placed it on and nodded at his master. Smirking, Danzo left and Fox began. 

Shinobi came out from hiding and began their assault. Sword in hand, Fox struck first when one man got too close. The shiny blade was driven into the stomach, being pulled out just as fast and brought up, clashing with an ax like weapon. Kicking out his leg, Fox knocked the much bigger man off his balance and slashed his abdomen deeply: organs spilling out and ribs puncturing lungs. Two down, many more to go.

Blood and rain washed down his mask as people were slaughtered. Cries and whimpered attracted Fox to a little shed of a home just outside the main village. Much like the animal itself, Fox snuck around back and hid in the shadows. Small and high pitch voices whispered inside, all filled with fear and weakness. At the front, he lifted his hand and knocked at four different pitches, just as he heard these people do before. The whispered ceased, and the lock was undone.

Slowly, he opened it. The children inside only saw the rain and flames outside the door. One with curly red hair crawled on hands and knees towards the entrance. Big black eyes scanned over the area. Up on its knees, the child closed the door and locked it once again. The shed was enveloped in darkness with exception to a small lantern all of them were huddled around. 

"Well?" One asked.

"No one." the curly one replied, shrugging its shoulders. 

Again, a knock came, leaving them gasping and jumping in their skin. It walked over and opened the door, this time a small blond girl was in the doorway, soaked and battered. Her bright blue eyes looked at them in terror as flames danced in their reflections. Her breathing was heavy, like she had been running for ages.

"Who the hell are you?" it asked, rain drops bouncing on the red curls. She gave no response. "My dad is the chief, and my big brother is second in command so you better answer me!" it pestered. A large thump rattled the floor and it snapped its head backwards. "Big brother?" it asked, seeing the sibling tied in the center of small bodies. It shrieked at the top of its lungs, and when attempting to run, was met with a kick to the chest. Falling on its back, the eyes widened as Fox dropped from the ceiling. The girl went away in a poof of smoke.

Walking outside, it tried to get up, failing as it clutched its chest. Both of the curly haired boys deserved this. There is nothing in them worth saving, not after what they did to Fox with the help of their father. Turning around, he closed the door. Ignoring the shouts from inside, Fox grabbed a burning piece of wood and set the place ablaze. Only two of them would die in the fire, he was merciful enough to give the others quick deaths when they did nothing to deserve such an easy way to go. Only difference is that he hates those red haired fuckers.

Running into the village, he continued picking them all off. A village slaughtered in one night. What news that could be, no one but Lord Danzo knows about this place. Lord Hiruzen did, but he is long gone. Needing tools to aid in his fight, he picked up weapons along the way.

Completing his task, he left the bodies and homes to burn away. Complete isn't how he would describe the task, not yet. The devil himself is still alive, and all he has to do is wait. 

A sharp ringing filled the air. Fox ducked down, dodging the mass of shuriken thrown at his head. He threw a senbon needle in retaliation. Jumping back, he waiting in bushes for movement. No reason to use any special abilities of his, this demon won't be that patient to flesh out a battle. Using a sword he found earlier, he charged forwards and clashed with another blade.

"You bastard killed my children!" the demon shouted. Fox had no response. Staying silent was the wisest and easiest route to take. Battling it out with their blades, the strikes could be heard from kilometers away.

The demon brought his down from above with raw strength. Fox narrowly dodged, his hair getting in the way, and struck his hip with his foot. Stumbling away, the sword hit the ground instead of the anbu. Fox stayed low, attacking with senbon to the legs and slices to the abdomen. The devil was loosing blood quickly, earning wounds quicker than he could counter. He smiled, running forwards, Fox's sword went in his stomach but instead of using his own sword, the demon touched the temples of Fox's head and performed one jutsu.

The devil fell, blood dripping from his mouth as he lay on the wet grass. Fox dropped to his knees clutching his head. Pain shot through his scull at a level he never felt before. He couldn't tell that a jutsu was even performed at first. He stood up, hunched over and swaying. Pulling at his hair, he struggled against the jutsu.

Suddenly, it stopped, leaving nothing but the falling rain to be heard and felt. His breathing was heavy and sweat dripped from under the mask.

Eyes darting around, Fox simply left, leaping from tree to tree. Lord Danzo would be expecting by now.