Too good to be true pt2

A/N: Hey guys pals and gals! I am apologizing early for this chapter, I don't really remember all that went on with this section of the manga/anime and its a little fuzzy, so I'm just winging it since well... I kind of need to. That being said, sorry for the delays and hopefully this chapter was worth the wait! (Also, I apologize for grammatic errors!!)

Breaking tree line, anxiety rose in Fox's chest. This battle could either end quick or bloody and he can't tell which it will be. It's been awhile since he's been in active combat as tense as this and his muscles ache in anticipation. A thirst for battle  heightens his senses above resting point and every sensation in the air becomes known. Oh, how fun this will be.

"Naruto," Lord Jiraiya called, still running behind the boy, "You and Shizune here can go after Orochimaru's henchmen. I'll take care of Tsunade." The tone of voice was stern, and Fox nodded. 

TonTon, who had been following them, hid behind a rock that would act as a fall back point if needed.

As they got closer and closer Fox's mind salivated at the potential for bloodshed, just as it was trained to.

No, Fox thought to himself, shaking away the sensation. He can be better than that. He needs to have better control over himself in situations like this. Why now of all times his mind chooses to go into this mindset baffles even him. It certainly has the element of surprise, every time it had chosen to make itself known it has never been for good. He can be what Lord Danzo wants him to be.

Determined and engaged, Fox prepared for what Shizune might plan to do. He has never fought with her, nor has he ever truly interacted with her. She is unknown and unpredictable- perhaps that's exactly what is needed in this battle. Slipping a simple kunai in his hand, Fox planned to keep his hands as free as possible for the chance at one-on-one combat with this Kabuto character.

A giant gust of smoke billowed in the air. Three of them erupted simultaneously, showing off a snake, a slug, and what Fox recognized as Gamabunta. 

Sliding across the ground, his feet dug up earth as he reached a quick stop. Snapping his head upwards, Fox contemplated how to get Kabuto down from his pedestal along with Orochimaru. Shizune stood behind him and watched the situation with him, both unsure of how to proceed. 

"Naruto" the name sat as a bitter note on his tongue. Why must everyone call him that? Twisting his sight to meet hers, he listened while she filled him in on what she learned in her brief encounter with the man they are supposed to be fighting. 

Huh, internally interested in this fight, Fox felt himself gain a grip on the situation. He needs control in this situation, and he is wanting that so desperately right now–

*

An uncomfortable ringing was sitting in his ear. His vision swayed and head swam. Dust and debris was kicked up around him.

"Impressive" the nine tails remarked, still sleeping in his cage "I thought 'Lord Danzo' trained you better"

Fox didn't know what the hell the creature was talking about. His senses were dialed to 11 and at the same time were dull and quiet. Attempting to move only invited pain to shoot through his limbs. Looking at where the source has mainly accumulated, he saw his right leg pinned under a rock that must have been thrown his way.

His head hurt, and he groaned in slight pain. Blood trickled down from his scalp and his temple. He didn't know what happened, and fright entered his system.