𝑖.𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡

"So what do you think?" Your Mother asks, slightly raising her eyebrows awaiting your response.

Mauling over your Mom's question, your eyebrows furrowed over the idea of having to share your home with someone else. The lifestyle you'd become accustomed to would surely change. Plus would Seishiro even want to live with your family? It's not like you two are still close. Sure both your moms occasionally called each other to catch up with one another, but that was it. You hadn't seen him for almost eight years.  Could you even still call him Seishiro?

"Y/n? I know it's a big decision so you don't have to answer right now. Take your time." Your Mom said.

"No, I guess I don't mind him staying with us for the school year." Even though you did mind, you felt bad over the idea of him having to live alone for the school year. Plus, it's not like he's a stranger you two share so many fun memories as children before you moved away. Your Mom certainly loved to remind you. She would always faun over the chance to share old stories whenever possible.

"Alright, great! I'll call Seishiro's Mom now." Your mom said walking around the table to give a kiss to your head and look for her phone.

You look back at your bowl of half-eaten cereal. Seishiro better get his own cereal box cause you weren't planning on sharing it too.

Finishing your breakfast you rinse off your dishes before heading back upstairs passing by the guest room or presumably soon-to-be Seishiro's room. You remember a few weeks earlier having your Mom mention that Seishiro and you both applied to the same prestigious high school however you didn't think he'd attend due to the school being so far away but you guess he found a way to make it work.

Flopping onto your bed you toy around with your phone, debating whether or not to text your friends that your childhood friend would be staying with you for the year. You roll your eyes imagining the annoying comments that would make.

A moment later your Mom knocks on your door before swinging it open. "It's official Seishiro will come and stay with us!" Your Mom says smiling. "He'll come down in a week so he has a week to settle in before school starts."

"Sounds fine." You reply shrugging your shoulders nonchalantly.

#

The following week seemed to go by so incredibly slowly. You could practically feel each second pass by. You were constantly contemplating what living with Seishiro would be like. Curious as to how he had changed in the past eight years. It's not like you two had to be best friends like before you just didn't want him to end up being an irritating nuisance that you had to live with.

Over the week subtle changes were made to your home. Your parents bought foods Seishiro said he liked. Your Parents bought more suitable furniture for the guest room now soon to be Seishiro's room. Instead of the old creaky paint-peeling bed frame it became replaced with a spotless new wood bed frame.

So now looking out your bedroom door you were greeted with a polished room ready to be filled with Seishiro's belongings. You honestly didn't mind the new look in comparison to the old room you had become accustomed to looking at.

You and your Mom and Dad were now walking to the train station to await Seishiro's arrival.

Approaching the train station you open up your phone to check the time. The train should be arriving in ten more minutes.

"Aw, I'm so excited!" Your Mom beamed. "It's been so long since we've all seen Seishiro! I can't imagine how much he's grown."

You let out a short breathy laugh trying to display some enthusiasm to your parents despite being indifferent to it all. You could say you were a little nervous but it was more about hoping you and Seishiro would still get along. You didn't want to have a teenage boy that you didn't get along with living in your home. You were just making sure your expectations weren't set high or low so instead you just decided not to think about the new house member you would soon have, pushing away the situation out of your mind.

Your family finally arrived at the train station opting to sit on one of the benches lining the station's back wall. You were periodically checking the time on your phone as you scrolled through social media.
Noticing the train was arriving in two minutes you tucked your phone back into your pocket and watched for the train.

Soon enough you could hear the booming sound of the train running along the tracks. You could now see it slowly sliding to a stop the metal wheels screeching in the process.

After a moment the train doors opened out stepped a few workers looking to head home soon as possible. However, your eyes were quickly drawn to the white puff of hair you were so familiar with. You watched as his eyes scanned the station before landing on you and your family. He quickly perked up strolling over his three large suitcases. Your mom jogged up to him hugging him as you and your dad walked over.

"Ah look how big you've gotten!" Your mom says tightly hugging him. Seishiro softly smiles chuckling at your mom. She wasn't wrong. It was weird remembering him as a little eight-year-old who you were taller than now seeing him easily over six feet tall.

Your mom finally let go of him insisting on taking one of his suit cases. Your dad gives him a brief hug before grabbing his other suit case. You both glance at each other seemingly at the same time. Both of you remain unmoving stagnant in the moment taking in just how much you've both changed. It felt a little awkward but you couldn't find any words not knowing what was right to say. However, you can't seem to help the smile that spreads onto your face seeing Seishiro again. You can see his eyes brightening as his face sports a  small smile. Simultaneously you both reach to hug each other.

Embracing Seishiro felt like going through a tidal wave all of the sudden you were met with more memories and emotions than you remembered or thought you would feel seeing him again. Hugging him felt so different. When you were little your arms fit right around his own scrawny body, but now he was bigger and taller it felt so strange yet you still knew it still felt like Seishiro.

Letting go of Seishiro you both look towards your parents who are beginning to leave to walk back home. "Everyone ready to go home?" Your Mom asks smiling.
Seishiro nods is head answering your Mother before all four of you begin the tedious walk home.