𝑖𝑣.𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠

The walk to the first day of school will always make you want to throw up. With every step you took your heart continued to beat faster. Another year of socializing with people you called friends yet friends you could never really rely on. One of the most renowned schools across the country filled with kids from the most prestigious families.

If you were to attend any other high school in your area you'd easily stand out being one of the smartest students in the school. Hakuho high school had a way of belittling your intelligence.

Hakuho high school made you feel lonely. You had numerous friends who would gossip with you over the latest drama and lend you their work to copy off when you are absent yet everything is so fake. Everyone was judging one another.

The few weeks of summer allowed you a much-needed breath of fresh air. You didn't mind the quiet of your mind but you did mind how anxious your brain became when at school.

The continuous clack of your shoes slowly pulled your brain away from overthinking. Staring at the ground you watched how in synch your footsteps were with Seishiro. His face was completely straight with no sign of stress you couldn't help but feel envious of him.

Both you and Seishiro were placed into the same class, class 2-A. This year at least you knew you had someone you could rely on. You were beginning to recognize the landmarks you set in your head that you vividly remember walking by all of last year.

As the school slowly reaches your vision you notice groups of kids chattering with one another happy to see each other.

"Y/N!! Y/N!!"

Your eyes dart around looking for the familiar face that's shouting your name. A few of your friends began running over waving out to you. You jog a little to meet up with them.

"Maki!!" You enthusiastically say attempting to match her earlier energy.

"How have you been?! I missed you so much!" She says quickly bringing you into a hug.

"Seriously Y/n we should've hung out over the summer," Masumi says also bringing you into a hug.

Breaking away from their hugs they quickly ask what class you're in eager to see if you're in the same one. "Oh I'm in class
2-A." You say.

"Omg yes, we're all in the same class!!" Maki says squealing as she jumps up and down.

You begin to laugh at her antics as she enthusiastically talks about how excited she is for the year. You watch Seishiro pause in his actions looking back at you. You just give him a slight nod to go on without you. He eyes the two girls before turning on his heel to continue to your classroom. Your two friends continue to ramble over their summer adventures.

"Maki and I even went to this art exhibit it was so cool! I swear! I wish you had been there Y/n! The three of us could've taken such cute photos."

"Haha, I'll go next time with you guys. Just for the cute photos don't think you're too special." You say sarcasm lacing your tone.

You look down at your phone to check the time. The three of you begin walking through the school deciding it wouldn't be a good idea to be late to class on the first day of school.

"So what'd you do over the summer anything you didn't tell us," Maki says wiggling her eyebrows at you.

"Huh?"

"C'mon, who was that guy you were walking with?" Masumi says grabbing ahold of your arm to shake it.

"Oh. Um... he's my neighbor we just happened to be walking by each other." You laugh off their attempts to insinuate that there was something more to what you were saying.