𝑥𝑖𝑖𝑖.ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

"Come on put on some actual good music." Masumi said grabbing Emi's phone to change the song.

You were seated on Maki's bed as you scrolled on social media watching as your other friends finished getting ready. Currently it was 9:42pm and the party was set to start at 10:00pm. You expected that the party wouldn't really start till an hour after that though.

You looked up watching Emi roll her eyes at Masumi snatching her phone back from her. "Shut up." She snapped.

Yukari the girl that was in Maki and Masumi's project was also here which surprised you. She was awkwardly sat on the couch in Maki's room not saying much but laughing and watching everyone.

"Everyone, hurry up I want to take photos." Maki says over the music in her room.

"Where?" Chie questions confused, not at all remembering that we were going to take photos.

"Just in my mirror, nowhere special." Maki says with irritation, her voice raising an octave. You and the rest of your friends share a look but, you dismiss her actions because you know she's stressed.

"Okay.." Chie mumbles clearly annoyed.

"What?" Maki throws back at her.

"Nothing, everything's good." You say waving your hands out in a calming manner.

"Alright, then." Maki says standing up walking over to the floor length mirror she has in her room.

You stand up from her bed stretching before you follow Maki. "Everyone looks so nice!" Emi says cheerfully.

"Eh." Masumi says shortly her eyes looking you up and down.

"Huh?" You say taken aback by her brazenness.

"I just think your dress makes you look a little.." Masumi begins.

"Go on." You say cocking your head at her eyebrows raised.

"..Bigger is all." She says lowering her voice as if it would make her words any kinder.

Everyone in the room stills contrasting the blaring music.

"I think she looks nice.." Yukari mumbles.

"Can we just take photos already, please?" Maki says.

You shoot Masumi a glare before scoffing under your breath. Just a few more hours of dealing with this shit you remind yourself. You force a smile onto your face as you pose for Maki's photos. With each photo her phone takes you find yourself sucking in your stomach more, posing to make sure you looked as tiny as possible.

"Okay! Okay!" Maki says looking back through the photos.

"Oh my god are we done?" Emi asks dramatically.

"Yes." Maki rolls her eyes with a small smile.

"Can we finally get this party started then?" Chie smiles leaving Maki's room to go to the main part of the house. You laugh at how excited she was and walk out of Maki's room into her kitchen following her lead.

You check your phone again the time reads 9:56pm. Maki plugs in her phone connecting it to her house speaker. Chie, Masami, and you head into Maki's garage grabbing her parents alcohol as well the alcohol she had her college friends buy.

The three of you put it onto the kitchen island. Maki, Yukari and Emi had placed food onto the counter as well as stack of red solo cups.

"Yooo!" A series of shouts catches your attention and you look to see the a few people from school strolling into Maki's house.