𝑖𝑥.𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡

You take out your toothpaste and get ready to brush your teeth before you hear a knock on the bathroom door. "Do you know when you'll be out?" Seishiro asks on the other side of the door.

You unlock the door before opening it up. "I just have to brush my teeth and then I'm done."

"Do you mind if I just wash my face?" He asks pointing to the sink.

"Oh yeah for sure."

Getting ready for school you tend to wake up before Seishiro getting ready before Seishiro even wakes up. However, today you just didn't have the motivation to get ready as fast as you usually do.

You quickly put toothpaste on your toothbrush and wet it in the sink before you move aside for Seishiro. As he walks beside you his body brushes against your back and leaves you with goosebumps. The warmth of his body is a stark contrast to that of the cold morning air. Seishiro mutters a quick 'sorry' before grabbing what he needed.

You begin watching him wet his face before you quickly move your gaze to the mirror. It'd be pretty weird to just watch him wash his face. But you couldn't deny how enjoyable it was to be living with Seishiro.

Seishiro drys his face off with one of his towels that hangs beside your own. He meets you eyes in the mirror reflection before briefly smiling at you. You watch as he exits the bathroom closing the door.

You mindlessly stare at yourself through the reflection of the mirror, taking in the smitten look that was growing on your face. You quickly finish getting ready and before you know it you and Seishiro are making your way to the train station.

You and Seishiro sit beside each other on the train for the first part of the ride conversing with each other. The two of you talk of everything and anything when you're together. You quickly go from one conversation to another never stopping for a moment.

As you near the stop you move to the other side of the train, moving away from Seishiro. When the train comes to a stop you get off, heading to meet up with Maki and Masumi. 

You see Maki enthusiastically wave you over and you know the serene morning you spend with Seishiro is over. It's back to playing pretend and being someone you truly aren't. You wrap your arms around each of them greeting them with a hug and walking into school together.

The day passes as usual and you and your friends go through the day laughing with one another, joking around, and just barely completing the work. How could you when the work made no sense to the three of you and you couldn't stop talking?

The three of you finished right as the time for lunch began. You, Maki, and Masumi smiled at one another thankful to finally catch a break.

"Thank god." You groaned getting up from your seat. Maki hooked one of her arms with your own and her other with Masumi's. The three of you joined together walking to the cafeteria to meet up with more of your friends.

You plop down at the table you and your friends eat at each day. You open up your bento box and sigh in content.

After another minute your other friends from other classes join your table. "Chie, Emi!" You say drawling out the end of their names happy to see them. Lunch was the only time you could see your other friends from other classes.

"Hey Y/n."Emi says in the same happy tone drawing out your name too.

"Guys, guys, look, see I told you Maki." Masumi says subtly pointing out at something in the cafeteria.

"What? What?" You say peering around trying to see what they were seeing.

"Reo's hanging out with the zombie." Masumi says with a pout. "What if he makes Reo a weirdo too?!"

"Huh?" You say even more confused. Your eyes flicker around until you spot Seishiro on his phone and Reo sitting right beside him talking away to him. You mutter out a slight 'oh' getting the picture now.

"Stop!" Chie exclaims, but the tone of her voice and smile on her face says otherwise.

"Reo's going to be cursed!" Maki laughs.

"Cursed? Really?" You really hated yourself for the small smile you had on your face as to fit in with them. If any of them were your true friends they would easily pick up on your fake smile or rather the uncomfortable smile that graced your face.

You weren't sure if you had any real friends, you wanted so badly to count Seishiro as your friend, but truly you didn't deserve him. If Seishiro saw you, he'd see your fake expression right away.

"Yeah come on, you must've heard Y/n?" Emi says surprised.

"They say he's the devils child!" Masumi says smiling. "I mean he is in the occult club. Maybe he uses it to talk to his Father in hell." Everyone at the table laughs.

You clench your teeth in a tight lipped smile looking away as if you were trying not to laugh, but truly you were just trying hold in your anger.

For the rest of lunch your friends continued to chat away, but you just sat there barely touching your food, barely talking, feeling like you were going to vomit, however to no surprise none of your friends noticed.

When lunch was over you and your friends got up and just like usual Maki hooked her arms with yours and Masumi's and the three of you walked to class.

You sit down at your desk and your eyes train themselves onto Seishiro as he and Reo enter the room. When everyone was back in the room the teacher gathered everyone's attention. "All right class for the rest of the afternoon we're going to work on a project."

You rolled your eyes not wanting to do work now that you were in a bad mood.

"No, no one's going to cheer out in happiness." Your teacher jokes before laughing to himself. "I want you all to get in groups of three's and create a trifold board presenting important information on ancient day Rome.

After a few of your classmates asked the teacher questions on the assignment, you were then dismissed to group up. Maki and Masumi immediately came over to your desk all of you coming to a consensus of working together. You weren't paying much attention to the two of them as you were beginning to zone out. Their talking merely becoming background noise.

"Wait Reo and Nagi need a third person for their group."

Wait! Wait! They're looking at us."

"Stop wait they're coming over here."

"Are you three a group?" The new voice grabbed your attention and you looked up to see Reo and Nagi standing at your desk.

"Oh no we're just talking." Masumi sweetly smiles at him. Your lips slightly curl in distaste at her, you shift eyes back to your computer reviewing your notes.

"Oh cool. Would you want to join our group then?" Reo asks.

There's a silence that follows that entices you to look up and you see that Reo's looking at you, he's asking you. He had a small smile on his face hopeful as he awaits your answer.

Your eyes go to Seishiro he looks just as confused as you think you do. He turns his face to Reo before he drops the surprised expression and looks to you. You turn to meet Maki and Masumi's gaze and behind their kind smiles you can the ranging anger and jealousy.

You return the smile at them and turn to meet Reo nodding at him and Seishiro. "I would love to be in your's and Nagi's group."