𝑥𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖.𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦

"You ready?" You ask leaning in Sei's doorway watching him scour around. Today is the first football game.

"Mm, I'm just looking for my water bottle." He looks up at you from his search.

"It was downstairs I already filled it."

Sei stops his shuffling now knowing where his water bottle is. "Oh, thanks."

"Yeah just decided to start my manager duties early."

You get a small laugh out of Sei and it brings a small smile to your face. You were hoping to eliminate any nerves he may have.

The two of you walk into the family room to find your parents seated on the couch. "Ah, there you two are." Your Father bellows.

"I'm so excited for both of you!" Your Mom exclaims. "You nervous at all Seishiro?"

"Eh, not really it just feels like another scrimmage right now." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Well, good luck anyways." Your Father says offering him a hand on the shoulder.

"We're sure you'll do great!"

You grab Sei's water bottle and the two of you head out the door.

Luckily the game is taking place at your school so you don't have to travel extra far. It's just your normal train ride and walk.

When the two of you arrived at school there were a surprising amount of people. It seemed that your classmates wanted to watch. You were sure if you looked hard enough you could find Maki and Masumi in the crowd. You didn't dwell on that long though instead you looked ahead to the boys you were in charge of taking care of.

The team was gathered at the football field putting on their shin guards and cleats before warm-ups started.

"Hello, Y/n, Nagi." Coach Goro cheerfully greets nodding to you two. Seishiro offers a small nod before he continues to his teammates to get ready.

"Good morning! How are you doing?" You smile sitting beside him on the bench for coaches.

"Oh, I'm doing good. Minus having to get up so early on a weekend." The old man jokes.

Another ten minutes later and Coach Goro was yelling at all the boys to begin warm-ups. You were passing in footballs for them to dribble and shoot. You take a deep breath continuing your movements this is what you do for their practices no reason to be nervous. No matter who's here.

Across the field, you see the other team warming up too. They look like they know what they're doing, unfortunately. This means no first easy win for your team. But alas you know that we'll win. In the two weeks that you've been manager, you've seen improvements from almost everyone. Watching how hard everyone works.

Coach Goro yells out pointers and the players do their best to fix the mistake on their next attempt.

You sit down with the substitutes and Coach Goro along a single silver bench just along to the field.

We all watch in anticipation as everyone gets into position on the field. Sei is further back in this formation purposely hiding him. Even from your place on the sideline, you can see the heated words Reo trades with the other team. Your opponents become more animated by the second. Then the opening whistle was blown and the game began.

Aomodori Dadada High was given the ball first and they instantly went on the offense not wasting any time. They cut across the field losing defenders that got in their path.

You felt your heart rate pick up till you spotted Reo dash for the guy. The opponent who was smiling from ear to ear as he made his way up the field abruptly became so mad when Reo came and stole the ball.