𝑥.𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑠

You Reo and Nagi spent the remaining three hours left of school planning out your project. You had decided to make each section of the trifold board about a different era of Rome. The rise of Rome, the golden age, and the fall.

Throughout class Maki and Masumi would text you asking about Reo. What he said, what he did. You would just plainly text back paying their texts little to no mind.

Seeing as you left their group they had another girl from your class join. You were pretty sure her name was Yukari, she seemed nice, way too nice to be hanging with Maki and Masumi. But, what were you going to do about it?

You were so over them and you were so over this school. So when the bell rang and the day was over you mentally sighed remembering that you had afternoon chores. Chores that you knew Maki and Masumi were also supposed to do today.

You walk over to the cabinet and opened it up and grabbing the Windex so you can clean the windows. You mentally roll your eyes as Maki and Masumi eagerly walk over to you.

"Y/n!" Maki drawls out. "So what was he like?" She asks with a smile on her face but her eyes glimmering with jealousy.

"I don't know, I mean he's nothing special. He's just another teenage boy at this school." You say playfully but honestly you were exasperated. However, you were not brave enough to end your friendship with them, no matter how much you wanted too.

"He's Reo Mikage. He's the successor of the Mikage corporation and he's easily the best looking person in this school." Masumi says dreamily. "You're so lucky Y/n."

"I mean she still had that zombie in her group." Maki adds causing Masumi to laugh.

"How'd you even get to know Reo anyways." She says eyeing you as you cleaned the windows doing your best to ignore them.

"He just started talking to me after practice one day, we're not super close or anything." You say annoyed.

"Hm.. well since you're so close you should put in a good word for us. You know the party next weekend I'm having you should invite him!" Maki says happily. "Then I can charm him and it'll be the start to our happy life together."

You laugh at her delusions but nod your head in agreement. "I'll make sure to invite him." You say finishing the windows.

When all of the chores are finally you make your way back to the train station to head home. The walk home you don't care to pull out your phone to put on music or entertain yourself with social media. You just walk allowing your mind to relax. You don't know when you've last felt so drained.

As you neared the train station you spotted Seishiro sitting on a bench. He had probably just finished his club activities.

When you got to the train station you sat yourself a few benches down from Seishiro, your mind still wandering. You relish in how the train sweeps gusts of wind through your hair when it finally rushes to a stop.

When you get on the train your eyes immediately search for Seishiro. When you spot him you immediately make your way towards him plopping down in the seat right beside him.

You don't care for how your body just melts into him. How your head immediately falls to his shoulder or how your body leans into his. You shut your eyes hoping to take a short rest on the way home.

"Long day?" Seishiro asks amused. You feel Seishiro shuffle around to pull out his phone and you assume play a game.

"Mhm." You hum in response. "How was yours?" You ask.

"It was good I guess." He started out speaking.

You didn't mean to start drowning out Seishiro, it wasn't that he was boring. It was just that he had a serene voice, everything about him was calming. So calming that you found yourself falling asleep atop of his shoulder.

Seishiro's POV

"It's not like it's a difficult project I just don't want to do it." I say tapping away at my game. I furrow my eyebrows for a moment frustrated at my game. I flicker my eyes to Y/n when I receive no reply. I take in her even breathing admiring how peaceful she looks right now.

I hated the way my heart was picking up with how close Y/n was. She was just my friend and she would only ever be that because that was what she saw of me. However, that wouldn't stop me from cherishing these moments.

As the train rocked on the rails a piece of her hair fell onto her face. Without another moment I pushed it away tucking it behind her ear before softly smiling at her.

I looked back at my phone to see that I had died but it didn't matter. I merely clicked start over.

When the train rolled to a stop at our destination I reached over to Y/n to gently shake her awake. "Y/n, come on, we've got to go." I gently whisper as to not startle her.

As she woke she rubbed her eyes and I gently pulled on her wrist urging her to stand so we wouldn't miss our stop. I watched as she half asleep stood clinging to my arm.

Even as we got off the train and made our way home she still had her hands wrapped around my arm. Surely she couldn't still be drowsy? Though why else would she latch to me like this? I grew happier for a moment until I recalled all the other times I've seen Y/n linking her arms with her friends.

Even if her reason for holding onto me so tightly wasn't for a deeper reason like I wanted it to be, I would still be content, I would still enjoy the walk home, after all it's Y/n that I'm walking home with.