𝑥𝑣𝑖.𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

"Now this is the boy's football locker room," Reo says opening up an unfamiliar room.

"Huh? Since when was this here?" You question your brows furrowing.

"This was an old teacher's lounge room, right?" Nagi asks.

"Yup. No one was using it so they allowed me to renovate it for our club."

"Ah."

"So how many practices have you guys had so far?" You asked curiously.

"We started last week and we practice every day after school, so five."

You hum at his response taking in the large locker room.

"The team should be arriving to change in here so let's head up to the field," Reo stated.

The three of you walked out of school the warm outdoor air was a nice indication of summer. Reo led the way with you and Sei trailing behind. You knew the school had an old football field but thanks to Reo it'd been renovated just like the locker room.

"Here it is!" Reo spoke happily, presenting the field with open arms.

"Don't you love the fake grass?" Sei spoke sarcastically.

"It's everything I've dreamed about!" You said matching his sarcasm.

"Ha ha," Reo uttered tone flat.

After a few more minutes a few boys dressed in soccer gear showed up. They all spoke familiarly with one another, joking around with each other.

You recognized a few of them from your grade and you've seen most of them around the halls.

After another five minutes, it seemed like everyone who was on the football team had arrived.

"All right, everyone. I would like to introduce you to our new team manager." Reo spoke loudly for everyone to hear.

You gave a brief friendly smile along with a wave. "Hello, I'm Y/n! I'll make sure to do my best as your team manager."

Everyone around you seems to have their attention focused on you, listening intently to your words. It makes you realize how serious this club you've signed up for is. Thinking back on it, Seishiro might've set you up to think everyone was as lenient as him.

"Alright, thank you." An elderly man stout man spoke from beside you. He was the coach of the team. Coach Goro, Sei had whispered to you. "All of you start going up and down the field, doing your warmups."

You tried to hold back your smile, watching the boys roll their eyes, or suck their teeth. They all did stretches down the length of the field. Coach Goro called you over to explain to you the practice plans.

"We're just going to finish warm-ups and then do some scrims." The older man said his voice gravely with age.

"Alright, well make sure to tell me if you need anything." You tell him.

"Hm.. don't worry too much just make sure the boys are okay."

You lightly laugh at him, nodding your head. "Will do."

"Do you know anything about football?" He asks you.

"Um.. no I don't. But, I'd like to know about it." You say quickly adding on the last sentence. You wanted him to know that you truly did care to help the team.

The boys finished their stretching and proceeded to go up and down the field, dribbling the ball. Coach Goro said it was for their ball control.

"Don't worry in no time you'll be making strategies with me." The coach says his voice is light and full of kindness. The team makes its way over to you and the coach once they finish their warmups.

The coach proceeded to split the team into two groups. "Alright let's do a scrimmage. Reo's team put on the pennys."

Everyone followed his instructions with a smile on their faces. They threw smack talk at each as they got into their positions on the field.

Coach Goro explained to you the basics of everyone's positions. Sei played striker alongside Reo.

As they moved up and down the field the teams were at a constant push and pull. A sudden shift and the ball was quickly being dribbled down the field by Reo. Reo passed the ball to another man who continued taking it up the field and past the other team's defenders.

Before you knew it they were all by the goal trying to score. Reo was given a short quick pass and you expected him to try for a shot at the goal however he sends a long pass back. Your eyes widen to see where the ball is headed, Sei. You had missed him throughout the last few minutes of the game.

He gave a touch to the ball with his nondominant leg setting up the perfect kick for himself. As quickly as he had gotten the ballI seemed like it was already in the bag of the goal.

Your mouth was left agape, is he sure he's never played football before? You don't believe him at all. How could someone be born with talent like that?

At the end of the scrimmage Reo and Sei's team won, and you now knew exactly why Reo had wanted Sei on the team.

Shortly after the scrimmage, today's practice was over.

"So how was your first day as a manager?" Seishiro asked, glancing over. The two of you had gotten off the train and started your walk home.

"It was good." You say a smile taking over your face. "Everyone was super nice to me, and the coach is super helpful. He promised to help teach me more about football."

"Hm, I could use some help from him too, if I'm being honest." You give a small laugh at him.

You looked up at the night sky that bathed your skin. It was a cool night your favorite kind of night.

"Well, you've got me beat at least."

"Only because I know how to dribble to the ball."

You turn your head at him your eyes widen in shock. "I'd say you can do a little more than dribble the ball," you laugh.

"Okay, but I can easily help you do that too," Sei says. He begins taking off his backpack and you realize he's taking out his football.

"Right now?" You question.

"Why not?"

You're stunned by how nonchalant he is. The two of you walk another minute until you arrive at a park. You realize it's the one you went to when you were little and when he first arrived. He puts his bag down and backs away from you.

"So, to pass and stop the ball use the inside of your foot." He says tapping the spot on his foot he meant.

"That's it?"

"Well, the basics yeah." He says with a nod. He softly passes the ball to you who's only a few feet away from him.

You angle your for to try and stop it but it mostly bounces away. You take a moment before you kick the ball at Sei. It just slowly rolls over to him, however, it does get to him.

"I did it!" You say gleefully.

"See, it's not too bad." He says. A smile forming on his own lips all because of yours.