𝑣.𝑐𝑙𝑢𝑏𝑠

The first week of school was finally coming to a close. All you had to do was get through today and then it'd be smooth sailing to the weekend. You were thankful the week hadn't been too difficult. Instead, everything was mostly busy work and review. You were already dreading the day when the real learning would start when you'd have to bury yourself in your studies to keep your grades afloat.

You were walking back with Maki and Masumi from another teacher's room. Maki had first volunteered to bring down the papers. However, wanting for Masumi and you to go with her she put on a whole performance of how she was new and had no clue how to get around the building. Since you and Masumi were such kind students you immediately offered to help bring the papers to the teacher and show her around a little.

So now the three of you were wandering around the halls after delivering the papers to the teacher. "So as you can see this is the nurse's office." Masumi pointed to the cream-colored doors labeled clinic.

"Oh wow." Maki gasps. "I had no clue thank you so much for showing me."

"Don't even worry about it we're here to give you a tour after all." You add dramatically rolling your eyes.

The three of you continue the skit heading back to class as slowly as possible. Seeing as the there was only 20 minutes left of class you finally stopped the joke and walked back in.

Sliding open the door your teacher immediately grabs your attention. "Certainly took the three of you long enough to deliver a few papers."

"We were making sure Maki got a good tour of the school." You reply nonchalantly heading over to your seat. Your eyes shift over to see Seishiro playing games on his phone.

"That was the whole point of us going with her, right?" Masumi adds.

The teacher meticulously watches the three of you sit back in your seats. He rises from his chair clapping his hands to gather everyone's attention. You glance at Seishiro to see him unbothered still on his phone. Contrasting everyone else who's quick to pay attention.

You turn your gaze back to your teacher to hear what he has to say. "As the school year continues it's important to consider what clubs you want to join. The club you choose will help you with future jobs, and college applications, and shape you. Clubs matter a lot more than you may think but trust me so please choose your club wisely."

You watch as he walks back over to his desk going on his computer. A moment later a list of clubs is projected onto the chalkboard. "I want each of you to decide on a club to participate in before the end of the day. When you do come up to my desk and I'll write you down for that club. Please think carefully about this everyone."

With his last sentence, everyone breaks off to discuss what club to join. You Maki and Masumi all turn to face each other. "Which one should we choose?" Maki asks with excitement written all over her face. "Please not agriculture though. I've had enough of cleaning pig poop after last year."

"I agree." You reply quickly trying to ignore the memories.

"You can't deny that it's going to look good on our college resumes. Few people at this school signed up for it so we immediately stand out against them." Maki says.

"Yeah yeah." You drawl tired of all the college talk. Everyone at this school had their whole futures planned out never going with the flow. Rather methodic in everything they did. "We deserve a break from last year's hard work. Let's choose something we want to do."

"Maybe." Maki dismisses.

You deflate at her short response. The three of you look up at the chalkboard reading the list of clubs again.