𝑥𝑣.𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒

"Oh, I forgot to ask how was the party?" You look up from your cereal to meet your mom's gaze. You flicker your gaze to Seishiro who paused eating his toast.

"Um.. it was good." You finally say after a pause.

"Well I'm glad you had fun. Hope you two have a nice day at school! See you later tonight." She says kissing the top of your head and waving goodby to Sei before she's out the door for work.

"So what are you going to do about your friends?" The white haired male says after a moment.

"Mm I'm just going to kinda distance myself from them. I'm not that good with confrontation." You say idly stirring the cereal in your bowl.

"Do you actually like.. track?" He question after a moment confusing you.

"Huh?"

"Well the soccer team could use a manager, and you'd be able to avoid your friends." He explains.

You feel a smile spread across your face. "Can I really? Being a manager for the soccer team sounds fun."

"Mhm." Seishiro confirms nodding his head.

"Thanks." You say softly, looking down at your breakfast.

#

You and Seishiro rode on the train to school. The two of you rocking back and forth with the train getting closer and closer to school, the last place you wanted to be.

"I'm a assuming you're not going to meet up with your friends?" Seishiro asked.

"No way." You responded curtly.

The train slowed to a stop at your familiar destination and the two of you got off. You feel your phone vibrate and you check to see that Masumi and Maki texted you in your group chat. The three of you always texted in you morning, however, this time you chose to ignore it.

You felt sick deterring from your usual routine of meeting with Maki and Masumi. You were plainly ignoring them. Choosing Sei over them and for good reason.

You and Seishiro switched out your shoes as you did every morning for your school slippers. Entering your classroom you saw that only a few people had arrived before you two.

Before being around Seishiro at all in school would've made you anxious. But now you were walking into school and class with him by your side.

Right when the bell rang Maki and Masumi finally strolled in. You gave them a brief glance before you glared holes into the papers in front of you.

"Oh Y/n!" Maki gasped. "We thought you were sick."

"Hm." You say not lifting you eyes from your paper. The teacher saved you from any of their further questions as he began his instruction.

Luckily there were no group projects or anything that required you to partner up. It was just a lot of note taking and packets.

As the bell rang for lunch dread filled your stomach. You refused to sit with Maki or Masumi for lunch but you didn't want to latch onto Seishiro and sit with him.

You rose from your seat as slow as possible unsure of what to do.

"Ready for lunch?" Masumi asked leaning onto your desk.

You tried not to scowl at her mere presence. It was like she had completely forgotten about what had happened. Here she was acting just as sickly sweet as before.

"I'm.. going to.. go to the bathroom first I'll meet up with you with you guys later." You say slowly trying to come up with an excuse to avoid everyone for as long as possible.

You mindlessly walk to the bathroom until your phone buzzes breaking you from your path.

Yukari

hey, I was wondering if you'd
wanted to have lunch together?

You stare down at the text message taken by surprise. Yukari was from your class yet you hadn't talked with her much. But at the party she was the only person who stood up for you. Not to mention Maki and Masumi couldn't say much about you hanging out with her since they're slowly becoming friends with her too.

You type back a warm feeling festering in your stomach. She tells you to meet you her at the patio by the cafeteria which you happily do.

Opening the door to the patio the fresh air is a nice welcome in comparison to the stale indoor air.

"Y/n!" Your eyes scan over the patio to find Yukari seated on a bench a bento box balanced on her lap. You smile at her as you walk over. 

"I'm happy you agreed to have lunch with me." She said softly playing with her food.

Her calming personality was a nice change from everything you've grown used to with Maki and Masumi.

"I'm happy you invited me." You say ploping down beside her nudging her shoulder with your own.

"I wish we got to hang out more at the party. But I really enjoyed your company for the little time we spoke." She said.

"Yeah I just wasn't feeling it anymore so I left early." You simply say. You open up your own bento balancing it on your knees just as she was.

"Aw you should've grabbed me on the way out."

"Really you had looked like you were enjoying yourself?"

"Well I had invited some of my other friends to the party to make sure I'd have people to talk to." She says shyly. "But you should've told me you weren't having fun. I could've introduced you to my other friends! Or you and I could've gone out and done something.. like bowling!"

You laugh at her enthusiasm taken aback by her kindness. "Bowling sure would've been fun."

The two of you continue conversing for the rest of lunch until you have to return to class. It was easy to talk with her and unlike your other friends she wasn't talking about the latest gossip or making fun of other people. She was just good and it made you feel content.

When you returned to class you didn't miss the sideways glances Maki and Masumi sent you and Yukari. But you decided that you couldn't be bothered with them, you were above them.

After another three hours the school day was over. Now onto the hardest part of your day. Your first day as a manager for the football team.

"You ready for track practice?" Maki asked marching over to you.

"Um I'm actually going to quit the track club." You say rubbing the back of your neck.

"Huh?" Maki says shocked.

Masumi loudly laughs bringing a frown to your face. "Why would you do that?"

"Well I never wanted to do it in the first place." You say growing annoyed.

"Okay, but you're in it so you can't just quit." Masumi says chiding you like a child.

"Yes I can." You say your voice laced with certainty. "I already talked with the coach about it."

"Are you doing another club instead." Masumi says sucking on her teeth for a moment.

"Yeah she is." A voice you weren't expecting says smoothly. Reo strolls over to the three of you a smile on his face but your only looking at Sei who's quickly following in his steps.

"She's going to be our manager." Sei says resting his hand onto your shoulder.

"We're going to be the best team in all of Japan now thanks to Y/n." Reo says his face looking friendly but his eyes were telling another story.

Your shocked for a moment at their support, but then you turn back to Maki and Masumi a sickly sweet smile spread across your own face.