𝑖𝑖𝑖.𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑠

The rocking rhythm of the train prevents you from getting in a short nap despite how much you're trying. You, Seishiro, and your Mother are on the way to a uniform store to purchase the school uniform. Unfortunately, you had outgrown your uniform from last year so you had to now wake up early to get to the store before it got too busy.

Feeling the train rolling slowly to a stop the three of you get up stepping out the sliding doors of the train. Even from the train station, you could hear the bustling city. Sure enough, walking out of the station the large buildings of cooperations and shopping centers filled your eyesight.

Your mom led the way walking past the busy streets with her phone out displaying google maps. Seishiro and you diligently follow behind. You stared into all the different stores admiring the varying displays. Each is filled with unique items enticing you to walk in. Looking away from the windows you watch as Seishiro's fingers tap along his phone screen.

Your eyes flickered from Seishiro's phone screen to the sidewalk in front of you, making sure you didn't trip over something or run into anyone. You were impressed with how he was able to walk so effortlessly around everyone.

Entertained by his game you watch him fight a boss with his character. You had no idea if he was doing good or not but you assumed good. The game he was playing wasn't one you recognized. Which wasn't saying a lot because you don't play too many mobile games.

Your mom abruptly stops and you quickly snap your attention back to avoid running into your mother. "This is the store!" Your mom announces.

You look up at the building to see the sign dramatically announcing how this store is three stories tall with bright bold letters. You push open the clear glass doors walking in to see endless isles filled with different uniforms. It seems a lot of people were last minute picking up their uniforms as the store was filled with families.

Seishiro continued to follow your mom and you only sparing a brief look to take in the giant store. "Well everyone keep an eye out for Hakuho's uniform." Your mom says walking away down one of the isles.

You aimlessly look around the store not knowing where to start. You decide to head over to the stairs seeing as your mom was looking at the bottom floor. Despite not seeing him you can feel Seishiro following your lead. Walking up the stairs you are greeted with more uniforms. You lightly sigh deciding to go up to the third floor already imagining how tiring this is going to be.

The third floor no surprise is also filled with a surplus of uniforms. With Seishiro still in tow of you, you make your way down to the end of one of the sections. Your eyes diligently scan for the bright white suit jackets everyone wears.

You can just barely hear the game Seishiro playing over the stores' music and the sound of others walking around looking for their uniforms. You and Seishiro continuously walk down the aisle after aisle desperately looking for your uniforms. Your feet were beginning to ache and you were losing what little focus you had to begin with.

"Eh, I vote we take a break." You groan. Seishiro briefly looks up from his phone following you as you head over to a few seats nestled in the corner. Off to the side of the clothing.

You outstretch your legs trying to relieve the ache built up from what felt like endless walking around. Seishiro sits next to you continuing to play his game. Your eyes briefly look around your surroundings before you sit up straighter to get a better view of Seishiro's phone.

He was playing a different game from earlier. Instead of this one, he was peering around building walls and shooting at what appeared to be zombies.

"It's called Last Alive." Seishiro briefly says.

"Oh... do you like it?"

"We'll I'm playing it, so yeah."

"..Well I meant more as a recommendation do you like it?" You say awkwardly. You knew he liked it. You guess the way you worded it wasn't the best but too late you already said it. "I barely play games, to begin with. My photos take up most of my storage it's so annoying. I'm constantly deleting stuff so I have more space. The only game I play is Genshin but I mean I.. want to play more."

"Oh." Seishiro pauses his game before looking back up at you. "Yeah, I think you could like it. Wanna try playing it." Seishiro says holding his phone out to you.

"Will I mess up any of your progress if I mess up in the game?"

"No. You're good I'll just switch levels." Seishiro says puffing out a breath rather than laughing.

"I appreciate that." You thank grabbing his phone from his hands and lightly brushing your fingers with his.

You hit the big play button in the middle of the screen beginning the game.

You slowly walk the character around trying to get a sense of the controls. You clear out the first room with ease. The game's setup was similar to most games making it easier to learn. Walking to the next room you're quickly mauled by a zombie. You didn't even get a chance to look around.

Your mouth parts from surprise fingers stopping their movement as the game over displays on the screen. "Um.. that was unexpected." You mumble. "Where did he even come from?! Not fair." You exclaim.

"Eh, it's fine it's your first time playing. Next time crouch when going to new rooms it keeps the zombies from detecting you."

"I feel like that's something you should have told me earlier." You say side-eyeing him.

"Maybe."

You click the unpause game repeating what you had done the previous round this time crouching around when surveying new areas. Finally, you end up finishing the first level.

"Wanna do another level?" Seishiro asks.

"Ooh, sure."

The two of you continue to sit in the storeroom seats ignoring what you first came here to do. Rather the two of you were now spending time playing a video game one you had never played before. Sitting beside Seishiro the two of you find a little bit of quiet amid the busy store.

"I hate this level so much." You groan throwing your head back.

"It's not that hard, you'll get it." Seishiro perks up before reaching over grabbing your hands resting his fingers on yours to move them as he wants. "You don't have to rush. Run around to spread them out so they don't all attack you at once."

You're barely paying attention to the game now. With Seishiro leaning over you and touching your hands you froze, not sure how you feel. All you knew was that your heart was beginning to accelerate with each passing second. He was watching you earlier the only difference now is that his hands are rested on yours and his body is sitting closer to yours.

"See it's not hard." Focusing back on the screen you see a giant bold letter proclaiming you won. What you had been aiming for since starting this stupid level.

"Oh, thanks."

Your concentration is quickly pulled to the sound of your phone's notifications going off. Checking your phone you see that your moms texted you saying she found your school's uniform.

"My mom found our uniforms are you ready to do some real shopping now?"

Seishiro nods his head before tucking his phone away.