𝑣𝑖.𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

You mumbled a few curses under your breath as the school bell rang, signaling the end of the day and the start of afternoon clubs. The start of having to attend track practices you never wanted to attend and run for hours, five days a week.

Everyone quickly got up from their desks excited for the first day of their clubs. Maki and Masumi quickly walk out the classroom door already heading to the girls locker room to get changed. You slowly make your way out of the room dreading the rest of your afternoon.

Finally getting to the locker room you see a few girls leaving already dressed in their running clothes. Maki and Masumi are among the few to leave the locker room already. They both promise to look out for you when you meet them at the track.

Entering the locker room you're surprised with just how many people signed up for track. You can't help but think that at least a few of them had similar motivations as your friends. Hoping to get closer to Reo Mikage. You settle you bag into one of the bigger lockers and quickly get changed. Leaving the locker room you spot Seishiro trudging his way down the halls on his phone.

You look around seeing that there were only a few people around. You quickly walk over to him slowing your steps as you reach him. He glances up the tiniest bit from his phone checking to see who it is, before returning to his game.

"Heading to the occult club?" You ask.

"Yeah but I'm taking my time getting there." He says with little emotion just trying to focus on his game. "Are you heading to track practice?"

"Yeah unfortunately." You groan. "I really don't want to run especially in the heat. I hate this. Why do we have to do clubs?"

"Yeah. But, you could've chosen something more fun." He continues walking and still playing on his phone.

"I guess but at least now I get to hang out with my friends more."

"Hm." Seishiro hums.

"I'll see you later." You say not wanting to be late to the first day of practice. You walk out to the field to meet up with your friends.

As you near the field you see everyone get into pairs to begin stretching. Maki and Masumi begin stretching each other out. You end up being paired with some random guy as he was also left without a partner.

You introduced yourself to him and he returned the gesture telling you his name was Kaido. He was pretty tall, being taller than yourself, but he was shorter than Seishiro. He had a good build and had dark hair that was neatly pulled out of his face.

"We can go stretch by your friends if you want? I see you glancing over at them. That way you could talk with them." He offered with a smile.

You looked over at the two to see them laughing as they messed around trying to do complex stretches with each other. "Nah I'm good. I'll just meet up with them when we start running. Thanks though."

"No problem."

The two of you took turns pulling each other's limbs to get warmed up. You made light conversation with each other talking about simple things like school and upcoming school activities.

After about ten minutes of stretching the coach blew a whistle signaling the end of the warmup time. You made your way over to Masumi and Maki who flashed bright smiles at you.

"Aren't you having fun, Y/n?!" Maki asked.

"I mean I guess. But that was the easy stuff I just don't want to actually have to run."

"No, no, don't worry it'll be fun. It's not like you actually have to push yourself that much."

"Also think of all the new people we get to meet. I mean you were already chatting it up with that cutie earlier." Masumi said. You didn't miss the bitterness in her voice that ran through her soft tone.