𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖.𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔

You hated hot afternoons and today was a hot afternoon, so naturally you hated today. The hot sun wasn't the only thing making you sweat, rather you blamed your coach for making you run so much. Your coach would continuously yell out 'last lap' but it never was.

However, it seemed your luck was beginning to change."All right everyone that's it!" Your coach yelled out into his megaphone.

You immediately stopped in your tracks heaving for more air. You were just going to walk the rest of your lap. Everyone slowly made their way over to the coach primarily because he was standing next to the table that held everyone's water bottles.

You sluggishly made your way to your own water chugging as much water as you could. "Y/n!" Maki says eagerly. You turn yourself to face the direction her yells are coming from. "Are you ready for the relay? I'm so excited."

"Huh?" You say confusion lacing your tired voice.

"Yeah coach says we're going to do a fun little relay race." Maki explains her eyes raking over your tired form.

"Oh." You respond defeated that you would have to run some more. And you were well aware that this wasn't some fun little relay race. Everyone at this school was beyond competitive over everything.

The coach began counting everyone off by 5' Maki and Masumi were both in group three whilst you were in group one. Even though the two of them were together you didn't miss the jealous gaze they held towards you when Reo Mikage was announced to be in group the same group as you.

It's not like you cared about him, you weren't trying to steal him away, you could truly care less about him. So you just rolled your eyes at their jealous gaze.

Your group huddled around trying to strategize. "I think it'd be a good idea to have one of our fastest runners at the beginning and our other fastest at the end to be our anchor." Kaido suggested. You hadn't really talked much with him since the first practice but he was always friendly whenever the two of you did chat.

"All right well who do you think that is?" Another girl asked.

"I think it'd be me and Reo." Kaido said confidently tilting his head like he wanted someone to disagree.

"I don't know about that." Reo says sheepishly rubbing his neck. "I'm not even an experienced track runner."

"You don't have to be experienced to be good at running." You say shrugging your shoulders.

"I agree with L/n another group member says. You recognized the girl though you didn't know her name. Though it didn't surprise you she knew yours, if others were to put you in a category at school it'd most likely be the popular group.

"Okay what about the rest of the order?" Kaido.

"I'll go fourth." Someone says.

"I just don't want to be second." Another one piped up.

"I'll go second then." You say nodding to the person who said that.

All of you got into your spots along the track anticipating the upcoming event. You looked at the other teams and all of them were pretty even in terms of skill. All you had to do was not embarrass yourself, you'd be content with just accomplishing that. You didn't even care if you won, you just didn't want to lose.

After a moment your coach spoke up into his megaphone. "Everyone ready? On your marks.. get set.." He pauses for a moment before he shoots the starting pistol.

You meticulously watch Reo spring into action along with everyone else. You watch as he begins rounding the first corner and he quickly makes his way to you. As he gets closer to you, you begin jogging ahead turning your head to watch him. As Reo gets closer you begin picking up the speed, when you feel him hand the baton off, you sprint, and you sprint as fast as you can.