003

"Came to a game just for these motherfuckers to lose" Diana mumbled disappointed that our team lost

It was your first time going to one of your schools games, you've never really been fond of sitting in a big ass gym surrounded by other people. "I mean west highs team is like the best" Jean debated. "Pff, only because Armin's on the team" Connie scoffed eating the last of the food he saved for after the game.

"True" Jean agreed which left you thinking. From what you saw of the game Armin did look pretty good but he got benched towards the middle of it.

"Where did Eren just go?" Mikasa's eyebrows frowned looking around for the lost burnett, "swear that nigga always leaving without telling people" Diana groaned.

You looked around for his familiar figure only to see him talking to one of the teamates of the opposite team.

"He's down there" you said before you all made your way towards him. Coming closer you realized who he was talking to, Armin. Which slightly made you nervous but you pushed that feeling way and confidently kept walking.

"Tell us before you wander off" Diana scolded giving him a stank face then cutting her eyes to the blonde who was in front of him.

"Yo wus good Armin" Jean and Connie said both taking turns to dabb him up. Mikasa gave a wave with a cute little smile on her face as Armin returned it before looking at you.

"Armin you remember y/n and Diana" Mikasa smiled once again as you felt yourself grow hotter from the attention being onto you. "you've gotten big since 9th grade, I used to be taller than you" Diana was the first to speak since she saw you nervous. Armin proudly smiled at what she said knowing he had indeed gotten a lot taller, but that wasn't the only thing that changed about his appearance.

He cut his hair from his usual Bob cut to an undercut. He had also gotten a lot of piercings and tattoos like the nose stud, his ears and when he would talk a tongue piercings was noticeable. As of tattoos, there was the most notable ones on his neck and when he lifted up his shirt there was a bunch more also the one on his right hand.

Reference bc I can't describe for shit^

Yeah his appearance changed a lot but you couldn't even think of how much his personality has changed which left you questioning, is he the same boy I was crushing on?

"Whatchu doing after this?" Eren asked as Armin finally looked away from you. "Nothing, why?"

"'Scuse me, my friend here ordered sum fries" Diana pointed at Connie who looked to nervous to speak up for himself. The waiter nodded apologizing than left to return with his fries.

"You ain't had to do all that D" Connie frowned feeling that she raised her voice a little too loudly. "Whatt? I didn't mean it in that way I just talk loud is all" She shrugged taking a bite out of her burger. You sat on the other end of them with Jean beside you and Mikasa on the other side of the booth with Eren and Armin.

Even though you did eat during the game you felt starving so you ordered a burger and large fries with nuggets and sprite, which was your go to meal.

"You gonna eat allat?" Jean asked, his hand making it's way towards your food. "Nigga don't touch" you slapped his hand away causing him to wince at the shape pain he felt.

"All that for sum fucking food?" He mugged you.

"Yeah my food, you got your fries"

"Jean you know better then to touch her food" Mikasa mentally rolled her eyes because he trys this everytime you would go out to eat. Jean kissed his teeth eating a fry while still mean mugging you since Mikasa had your back. You stuck you tongue out at him in a teasingly way.

Eren chuckled knowing this was just how your friendship with Jean always been since you met him and Connie in 10th grade.

Usually Connie would but in and you both would tease Jean for something, but he was preoccupied eating his food and teaching Diana how to talk nicely to people.

Armin sat there quietly eating his food, every once in a while he would sneak glances at you hoping to catch you looking back, but you never did.

Not that you didn't want to, just that eye contact was something you mentally couldn't take. Either you'd bust into laughter or awkwardly stare back. "So Armin, how long you been playing ball?" Diana asked, ending the conversation between her and Connie.

He sat back and thought about it for a sec before saying, "since 10th grade"

"I thought you guys knew Armin" Connie said with his mouth full of food. "We do, just hadn't seen him since 9th grade" you looked at Armin for the first time since you got here. He looked back at you feeling guilty for not seeing or talking to you since then. In all honesty, he had a lot going on. His grandpa just died which was someone he was close to. Not to mention the nonstop bullying he was receiving, it was all to much for him. So when his parents and him went on vacation that summer his decided to change.

Not everything about him, just a few things he often got bullied for like his hair; And though he didn't really have much control over it, Armin got taller, got some tattoos and piercings, and changed how he viewed things.

Though in a lot of ways he was still the same, he still loved the ocean and wanted to travel the world. He liked learning about knew things and was awfully smart. His favorite subject was still history just like his favorite color was still a mixture of light blues and purples.

Armin looked back up at you, and this time you were looking back. The eyes contact felt like it only last for a second but it was really minutes.

"Actually Armin said he was thinking about coming back to our school" Eren announced, his eyes cutting to you not knowing how you'd feel.

"Reallyy?" Connie smiled, he seemed more excited about this than you did.

Armin's tongue poked the side of his cheek as he glared at Eren who gave him an amusing smirk, "yeah"

After eating and Eren bringing up old times, everyone got ready to leave. "Yo wait till Sasha here's about this" Connie said referring to how Diana had been bullying him. "Sasha would never do anything because she loves me"

"You two, stop hitting each other" Mikasa scolded pushing them away from each other.

"Fine"

they whined before sticking their middle fingers at each other behind her back like kids.

"Jean can you drive me home?" You sighed not wanting to ride with arguing Connie and Diana.

"Armin can take you" Eren interrupted not giving Jean a chance to respond. You gave Eren a weird look before looking at Armin who looked surprised as well.

"No I can- OW" Eren giving Jean a unknowing look. "Yeah i- I got somewhere to be after this"

You squinted your eyes at Eren who smiled nodding his head. "I can walk"

"You sure it's going to rain" Eren tried to sound concerned, "n/n I can just drive you, it's no problem"

"Fine"