𝕊𝕚𝕣, 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕒𝕪... (𝕡𝕥.6)

I stood up and helped my sister to her feet. She looked at me scared. I gave her a reassuring smile and stood next to Kakashi as the others surrounded Tazuna-san. I had my Katana drawn, facing the man who was perched upon his blade that was stabbed into a tree. Only, there was a slight issue. One that I had to comment on.

"Erm, sir, you're standing the wrong way," I said with a sweatdrop.

He turned to face me with a glare, the KI he was releasing seeping into my bones. Not that it did much, but anyway, I recognized him as Momochi Zabuza, from the bingo book and made sure my guard was up. I couldn't afford a fatal injury. And I couldn't afford a death, here, either.

"Really, Raiden?" Kakashi asked, glaring at me also. "Really?"

"Yep. Would I be me if I didn't?" I offered a grin but he only sighed in disappointment and shook his head.

"Ah, so you've got a sarcastic one eh, Kakashi?" Zabuza mused, eyes glinting with the smirk hidden under the bandages on his face.

"Unfortunately." The silver-haired man muttered in despair.

"Yep. Still hates me." I concluded cheerily.

"You really are something else aren't you, kid? I think you'd be a great Kiri nin." The black-haired man turned to me.

But my grin faltered into a scowl. "You have me for something I'm not. I don't kill the people I grew up with," my monotone voice seemed to startle everyone. But Narci only seemed to seep out more and more.

"Rai?" Sakura called from behind me. Her voice sounded scared and urgent. But it's not like I could blame her. She'd met Narci a few times and she didn't like him in the least. He was a terrifying creature. An emotionless, killing machine.

"I'm fine." My voice was just as cold as before.

'Come on, let me front.' Narci pleaded from the depths of my mind.

No. You know what happened the last time, I mentally shook my head.

'I promise not to hurt Sakura or the others.' The other me sighed.

I debated my options. I knew I mentally wouldn't be able to fight this man. Physically, I maybe could, but not mentally. So, sighing, I took the seal from my chest and pocketed it.

I heard Sakura let out a small gasp and could practically feel the confused looks I was getting but now I was barely watching from the sidelines. My mind darkened and my head dropped and that was as far as I got.

• • •

"Oh no," The pinkenette girl said in an almost whisper. It easily caught the attention of the others, though. Through the still silence, it wouldn't have been very difficult.

"Oh, come on, Saku, aren't you happy to see me, again?" The boy asked in a taunting manner, his head raising again and a feigned hurt expression on his face.

"You live with her. What's up with you?" The blonde Uzumaki asked, looking as though Raiden was the stupid one of the bunch.

"I'm not the "Raiden" you know. In fact, only Saku has ever met this me before. Well, met me and lived, that is." The boy was grinning like a Cheshire cat, ear to ear, creepily, as he laughed, sending shivers down everyone's spines. And the little shrug he added at the end as his laugh ceased only added to the flame.

"Raiden, stay out of this. Only stand in when I can't. Am I clear? And you three, stay out of his way. Don't get involved at all. We get killed. You run." The sensei of the team ordered, albeit a little confused as to who this "Raiden" was.