𝕂𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕦𝕣𝕠! (ℙ𝕥. 14)

I hadn't a clue what was going on. My head was in so much pain; as if someone had hit me with a hammer. My body was aching all over as if whoever had taken a hammer to my head had taken it to the rest of my body and to top it off, the sun was glaring straight into my eyes. You could be shining anywhere else! Why me?!

I closed my eyes, rubbing them as I sat up as slowly as I could, fearful that the pain would fluctuate and send me back down in a heap and cause me even more pain.

"Guys, he's waking up..." I heard someone say quietly. Which did not help my headache at all, it, in fact, made it worse.

"Shut up." Someone else hissed, the hiss sounding scratchy and pain-inducing in my head.

I looked around after pulling my hands away from my eyes and saw, through tired lids, my teammates, Tazuna, Inari and Tsunami staring at me.

"What the?..." I looked around the room in confusion, noting I wasn't with Itachi nor Kisame-san and I wasn't in the woods or anywhere else outdoors. "How did I get here?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"Didn't you walk?" Tsunami asked eyebrows quirked up.

Shaking my head slowly, I replied, "Erm, I don't think so..."

"Maybe you sleepwalked?" My blonde idiotic teammate suggested, a shrug on his shoulders as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I raised an eyebrow at his stupidity and said, monotonously, "I do not sleepwalk." A deadpan expression formed on my face.

The blonde looked fearful as he held his hands up in surrender while taking a step back out of genuine fear. "You didn't have to get all weird about it, Datte Bayo!"

Sighing and ignoring his outburst, I rubbed my temples to try and ease the pain that was not getting any better with the blob shouting so often.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to face the youngest boy in the room. "What happened to you? You were covered in blood when you got here." Inari asked, tilting his head to the side curiously. Honestly, he reminded me a little too much of a golden retriever.

"I was?" Quickly remembering how I must have looked after killing so many people, I said, "I'm fine. I was... training..." I didn't answer his last question. I didn't want to tell them about the mission I did with Itachi-nii and Kisame-san. Telling strangers you killed someone is easy. Telling people you have to spend your days with you killed someone is a lot more difficult. You have to see them. See their fearful looks. Their eyes dilating when you reach for something hidden.

But Tazuna laughing brought me back. "That's a relief. You looked like you killed a few people."

I laughed a laugh that came out a little more forced than I had wanted it to but no one seemed to pick up on it except Kakashi. He looked at me analytically with a furrowed brow and a glint in his one visible eye, as if daring me to tell him and the others.

I gave him a warning look saying not to say anything to the others and he gave a hesitant nod. It was barely visible though, which I internally thanked him for. It'd be a drag to explain to the others about a conversation we were having that they weren't in on. God, I'm beginning to sound like a Nara...

"Yeah, your ass would be toast if Imotō found out you killed a few people, wouldn't it?" Narci cut into my thoughts and I rolled my eyes with a little sigh.

Shut it, Narci.

After getting questioned for about an hour by the fully well people in my room, everyone except my sensei left, saying they were going to get food and train and the like.