𝕀𝕥𝕒𝕚! (𝕡𝕥.10)

After going over every detail of the plan with Haku and Zabuza, I was free to leave and I made my way back to Tsunami's. But upon walking into the house, I was instantly on the floor with my twin beating the living shit out of me. "Itai! Itai! Itai! Sakura! Ah! Get off of me!" I yelped in pain as I tried to cover my head, clenching my eyes shut in fear.

Thankfully, she was dragged off of me by Kakashi who helped me to my feet, luring me into some sense of comfort then, when I least expected it, he hit me on the head with his crutch.

"Ow! Kakashi! You asshole! What the fuck?!" I exclaimed, gripping my head while glaring up at him through my eyelashes.

"Where were you?! You've been gone for hours! You said you were going on a walk!"

"I got lost!" I exasperated a lie. "I don't know my way around here, I'll have you know!" I shouted back, rubbing my head which had a dull ache on the top of it.

Sighing, Kakashi lightly patted my shoulder and said,  "Just go and get washed up for dinner."

Noticing that I was actually rather hungry, I nodded and headed to get washed up. And after such ministrations, I made my way down into the kitchen and sat down at the table.

I thanked Tsunami for the food and quietly ate the food that was on the plate in front of me.

After dinner, we were all sipping on some tea when Inari muttered something. "Why?"

"Huh?" Naruto raised his head off the table and looked at the small boy.

"Why do you try so hard?! You're no match for Gatō and his men! You'll just end up getting killed. You're always acting so happy and cheery like there's nothing wrong but it's all lies! You don't know what pain is!"

I scoffed. This seemed to draw attention to me. "How do you know we don't know what pain is? How do you know I don't know what pain is?"

"You just don't!"

"Really?" I rose a brow before rolling my eyes. "Do you think you're the only one in this room who knows what pain is? I'll tell you something, and I'll say it only once, " I started. "Not everything revolves around you." He remained silent so I continued. "You would be fucking terrified at the things I've seen in my short life, so far. I may not know what it's like to lose someone I saw as a father but I do know what it's like to lose the one person who respected you in this world. The one person who didn't fear who I was. The boy who wasn't afraid to stand up for me when no one else would. To pat you on the back and tell you everything's going to be okay. To help me with homework. To help me train." I growled. "You have no fucking clue what that type of pain is like. So, no, no one else in this room knows pain like you." I paused. "Not me, not Sasuke, not Naruto and sure as hell, not Kakashi." I took a breath to calm myself down then turned to Tsunami guiltily and bowed deeply. "Forgive me. I stepped out of bounds." With that, I stood straight then walked out of the room and up into my shared room with Kakashi.

"Damn it!" I yelled as I gripped my hair.

• • •

The whole room was stunned to silence as Raiden left the room.

"I've not seen that side of Rai since we were six," Sakura said quietly.

Inari left the room and Naruto stood up.

"Not you too?"

"I'm going out to train for a little." Naruto left the house.

"I'll go check on Raiden and see if Inari's alright," The sensei of the team said, standing up and leaving the kitchen also.