𝕋𝕙𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕕𝕒𝕪. (𝕡𝕥.11)

Today was the day. It was Thursday and the plan was about to be put into action.

Well, other than Naruto. We let him sleep since he was up most of last night training. Inari had snapped again and Naruto had found a new form of determination saying that he was going to show him that heroes do exist, or something along those lines. Not that I was paying much attention, because let's face it, when do I ever pay attention? Again, it was another headache I didn't need.

By now, we had just arrived on the bridge and just as I had planned, the workers were unconscious and there was a deep pea-soupers fog covering the bridge, hiding nearly everything from sight.

"What happened here?!"

I quickly ran over to one of the workers to make it believable that I was on their side and checked their pulse. I let out a fake sigh of relief and looked towards my team and said, "They're fine. Just unconscious."

"This mist," Kakashi muttered. "Sasuke, Sakura, Raiden. Get ready."

We surrounded Tazuna, protectively and drew our Kunai. Well, I drew my katana but the others drew their Kunai.

"I knew he was still alive," Kakashi concluded. Same here, sensei, I thought, restraining a snicker. "You just couldn't wait for round two," he said, somewhat to himself and somewhat to Zabuza, who he knew was hiding in the cover of the fog.

"Kakashi-sensei? It's Zabuza, isn't it?" My twin asked. You could hear the worry in her voice but it wasn't very prominent. As if she were trying to stay strong for the team. "This is his hidden mist Jutsu."

"Sorry I kept you waiting, Kakashi," We heard a grating voice say. "I see you've still got those brats with you. That one's still trembling. How pitiful."

Then, much like the last time we had had the pleasure of fighting, Zabuza clones appeared before us. I saw a smirk appear on Sasuke's face but I paid no heed to it. It wasn't really my problem.

"I'm trembling with-" he stopped in which I suppose was a dramatic pause and said, "Excitement." Why do you speak like that, Ducky? Just why? It makes me want to shrivel up and turn to dust. Just stop.

Zabuza's eyebrows furrowed, intrigued.

"Go on, Sasuke," Kakashi said, a somewhat proud smirk on his face. So, in that instant, the clones were nothing but puddles of water and Sasuke was back where he stood, no more than ten seconds ago.

"Ooh, so you could see they were water clones huh?" Zabuza then came into view with Haku and spoke again, "The brat's improving. Look's like you've got another rival, Haku."

"So it seems." Haku mused, his eyes travelling to meet mine for a brief moment.

"Well, well. It seems I got it right. It was all an act," Kakashi spoke.

"I could've told you that," I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes. But the attitude earned a familiar glare from my sensei.

"An act?" The old bridge builder asked, eyeing us curiously.

"Yeah, with a cute little mask," I spoke up, resting my hands on my hips, cockily. I couldn't let the others have all of the glory.

"Oh, no, of course not!" Narci mocked, feigned terror in his voice.

Shut it, you.

"Big phoney," Sasuke sneered.

"So, I guess all that about being a tracker ninja and protecting his village was just a load of bull." Tazuna glared at the teen next to the ex-mist ninja.