𝕀𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕚? (𝕡𝕥.13)

"Itachi?" I asked weakly, the surprise hitting me like a ton of bricks. But when he saw the state I was in, he ran over to me and left his blue friend standing there beside a tree awkwardly.

"Raiden? What the hell happened to you?" The man asked, looking over my injuries.

I laughed a little, said, "Oh, you know. The usual. Training. Beating myself up. Passing out," And watched his face twist with confusion.

"Passing-? What?"

Then the world turned black and still.

*

Itachi shook the young boy that had passed out in his arms. "Rai?" He asked. "Rai?" No answer. He laid the boy down on his back and pressed his two fingers against his neck and felt for a heartbeat. It was faint but still there. "Kisame, give me your water canteen and a soldier pill." The young black-haired man ordered over his shoulder, holding a hand out behind him.

"Why? Who even is this brat?"

"Now, Kisame!" The man's eyes flared red, meeting the blue ones when he had snapped his head around in anger.

The blue, shark-like male hurried to give his partner the things he ordered from him and watched in the utmost curiosity as the younger Uchiha male forcefully fed the white-haired teen the soldier pill. Itachi propped the boy up against his chest and made him drink down the water.

He put two fingers on the boy's neck, checking for a heartbeat again and sighed in relief when he found what he was looking for.

The young boy's eyes fluttered open and looked around. "What the fuck?" He groaned, bringing his hands to his temples and rubbing them, trying to ease the throbbing pounding around his skull.

Raiden was hit over the head by the slightly older male. "Language," Itachi scolded.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes but they soon snapped towards the male as it clicked who he was talking to. "Itachi?"

The said male looked at him innocently. As if he hadn't just seen someone he had seen as a brother for the first time in over six years. "Hai?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?!" The boy got out of the male's arms, jumped up and pointed at the male with dark hair childishly.

"You were busy."

"Yeah..." His voice trailed off as he remembered the events of what happened earlier that day. "So, what are you doing here? Kakashi would try to kill you on sight if he saw you."

"We're here for a mission," The shark-like male spoke.

"Ah, you're Kisame, right?" Raiden inquired as if he weren't talking to two rouge Shinobi. Cause day in the life, right?

"Yeah, who are you?"

"Haruno Raiden." The boy gave a small bow and then stood up straight again.

The politeness coming from the boy shocked the blue rouge-ninja and so he said, "Huh? You're a weird kid."

Raiden simply shrugged after thinking through the previous moments. "So what's the mission you guys are doing? You don't seem all that excited about it."

"Finding out information."

"On who?"

"Who said it was a "who"?" Kisame asked with a smirk, thinking he'd won.

Of course, Raiden had already planned this out and so he said, "You didn't have to. Your body language and tone gave you away."

"We're looking for information on Momochi Zabuza," Itachi stated before the teen's ego could get any higher.