𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝑰𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕- 𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂 𝑳𝒐𝒅𝒈𝒆

**Veronica's POV**

**Veronica's POV**

A lot can happen in seven years and that's definitely the truth when it comes to my life. After graduating from Riverdale High I moved back to New York to attend Barnard College where I studied to get my degree in economics.

My parents divorced shortly after I graduated high school. My mom took a considerable chunk of money from my dad and she used that to move back to New York where she became the newest castmate on The Real Housewives of New York. And my dad continued with his questionable business ventures.

My relationship with my mom blossomed even more now that the two of us called New York home again. We became each other's best friends and always made sure to spend as much time as possible whenever our schedules allowed. Usually, it was a meal at least once a week.

I tried dating a few times after my relationship with Archie came to an end but I found it hard to trust anyone. Especially after finding out your boyfriend and best friend were fucking behind your back. Early in my freshman year of college, I met Chad and he completely changed my outlook on relationships.

He was everything I thought I wanted in a partner. He was funny, caring, intelligent, he came from a good family and he treated me like a queen. During a trip Chad and I were on, he popped the question and I accepted the proposal.

Things were great for a while until I started seeing red flags with Chad. He began to remind me so much of my dad. After he became controlling of everything I did and after a long hard conversation with my mom I decided to call the engagement off and broke up with Chad for good.

I refused to be in a relationship like I had witnessed for years with my parents. I felt like partners needed to be equals and the way Chad was acting that wasn't a possibility. I used my breakup as fuel to continue to stay focused on my studies and that's exactly what I did. Quickly I became one of the top students in my class.

During spring break in my sophomore year of college, I ran into a few old faces from Riverdale Toni, Sweet Pea, and Fangs. They invited me out to a party with them which I agreed to. Toni was the only one that had reached out after graduation and we became close friends.

It was during this party when Toni introduced me to Y/N, a fellow Serpent who was a part of the New York chapter of the gang. I had truly never felt an attraction to anyone instantly the way I was attracted to Y/N.

We spent the entire night talking which lasted into the early morning of the following day. We exchanged numbers and began talking daily. We hung out a few times with Toni and the boys and a few times by ourselves before the trio went back to Riverdale. I liked Y/N a lot and thanked Toni over and over for introducing us to each other.