II | The Cafe

13.04.22
1,147 words

it was about 6:00pm and minho had finished unpacking.

it took him a few hours because he was determined to set everything up before his roommate got back.

he even order a bunch of things for the dorm couches, tv, kitchen applies, soaps, lamps, food and just some random furniture he wanted.

he was sitting on his thick, king-single when he noticed his roommate wasn't back yet, it had been four hours since he last saw the younger.

he pulled out his phone but then realised he never got the boy's number.

minho sighed and walked out the room.

minho decided to take a walk outside of the campus to see what was nearby.

he walked for about half an hour before he saw two boys a little younger than himself, sitting together.

one seemed to have enjoyed an iced americano and a muffin, while the other was just sitting there with nothing.

minho walked closer to them and noticed that the boy who wasn't eating was none other than his roommate, jisung.

minho was happy he found his roommate but he then felt a bit upset because jisung didn't seem to have enough money to waste on unnecessary food.

minho then got an idea and pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

he pulled out a $100 bill and walked over to the boys.

"hey guys, hello jisung." minho says smiling at the two.

"o-oh hello minho hyung." jisung replied shyly.

the other boy with him just sits there and stared at jisung in surprise.

"is there a problem?-"

"did the Han Jisung just stutter?!" the younger interrupted curiously.

jisung's eyes widened as he glared at the boy who was on the urge of bursting into unstoppable laughter.

jisung then looked back at minho and smiled awkwardly.

"anyway, i haven't been here before i was just wondering what's the best drink and dessert in your opinion?" minho asked jisung.

jisung thought for a second.

"well i don't know what you like but my favourite is the chocolate milkshake and cheesecake." jisung replied smiling.

minho nodded and walked to the counter.

"hello welcome to caffe pascucci, how can i help you today?" the young girl behind the counter asked smiling.

"hello, i would like a chocolate milkshake and a slice of cheesecake please." minho smiled.

"of course" the girl paused, typing on the laptop in front of her.

"and what size would you like the shake?"

"just regular please." the girl finished typing in the order and looked up at minho.

"your total is $15.45, are you paying cash or card today?" she added.

"just cash thank you." minho replied, handing her the $100 bill.

she looked down at the piece of paper and her eyes widened.

"o-oh my, haha, that's all you have?" she giggled awkwardly.

"haha i guess." minho laughed.

the girl took the $100 and put it into her cash register.