5 | 'so, are we friends now?'

SHOTO ROAMED THROUGH the school's halls as he searched for a particular place, with his heterochromatic eyes scanning what was written above the doors each time he passed one.

His ash-colored blazer that he hadn't bothered to button, his red tie which he didn't do properly, and his dual colored hair swayed in the fast air he had produced from rushing so much. 

At last, he finally found what he was looking for.

Shoto stood still in front of the door that would lead him to the library as he silently hoped nobody would be there to see him. Classes technically just ended for him, so there wouldn't really be anyone that would want to read or study in the library now, right?

He swung the door open and entered the massive library. Giant windows were all over the place giving room for sunlight to brighten up the area. He stood still and looked at the maze of large bookshelves with books stacked neatly in them, and then turned to look at the tables to see if anyone else was there.

Well, there was one person. But Shoto couldn't really make out who it was due to their face being covered in a book that they were holding in front of them. Letting out a sigh of relief, he made his way towards a table near the stranger.

Just as he was about to sit there, he noticed and immediately recognized who the unknown person was despite just being behind them.

The black hair tied in yet another messy ponytail, it was undeniably her.

The girl Shoto had found himself to take an interest to over the span of only a few days after meeting her.

The only girl to be able to have that effect on him would be...

Momo.

Before he could bring himself to think, her voice which he had longed to hear spoke to him. "So, here to stalk me, aren't you, Shoto?" She stated casually with her eyes still concentrated in the book in front of her.

He almost jumped a bit in surprise from the sudden interaction, and proceeded to sigh either because he was caught, or of relief to the fact that she was being sarcastic. Classic Momo.

He didn't bother to respond to her mocking, and instead furrowed his brows in confusion and interjected, "Wait, how did you even notice me? I swear I didn't feel you looking at me." The black haired girl explained as if it was obvious, "Well, I watched you come in."

Shoto somehow found himself to smirk despite being caught off guard because he never actually sensed her looking at him once he first walked in, and made a remark matching her sarcastic tone from earlier. "Stalker."

Momo let out a light chuckle to his remark; one that Shoto thought was softer than the clouds in the sky, and silence came once again between the two.

The dual haired man took the chance to take a seat beside her and placed his bag on the table. As he began to take out his notebooks, he noticed Momo's eyes locked on him to which he simply smiled and raised a brow at the girl as if to ask why she was staring. She looked away and tried her best to speak after getting embarrassed, "You're studying? Here? That's surprising."

Both of them knew the man had never stepped foot in the school's library before. And it was rare for Shoto to study, not even before exams. The fact that he was still up there in grades was a wonder to even the student council president.

But he did actually need to study though due to the fact that he'd been suspended for two days, so he had to catch up on a lot of school work.

"Wanted to get some stress off my chest. Figured that this place would be quiet and empty.", he answered blankly as flashbacks of the unfortunate things that happened to him yesterday filled his mind. Momo couldn't agree more as she responded almost immediately, "Me as well. I wasn't really in the right mind to do student council duties today."