22 | 'questions and uncertainty'

SEEING MOMO AND KYOKA CHATTERING ABOUT as they strolled through the hallway was not something Shoto had expected to see after making his way out of the principal's office, but he enjoyed seeing his raven haired friend's face after going through the absolute hell of getting scolded by her mother for literally almost an hour.

He felt somewhat exhausted even though he just sat there and listened to whatever the principal had to say for forty-five minutes straight but seeing Momo smile as she talked was like instant therapy for him. He really needed that right now.

And so, leaning on the door of the principal's office without wanting to approach them just yet, he watched the way her cheeks became adorably rosy at Kyoka supposedly saying something like, "You like him, don't you?" Wait, what? He must've misheard and perhaps his ears weren't functioning properly after hearing numerous teachers yelling at him. Or maybe not. Because then why was she blushing so much? Was this something he should be worried about?

His suspicion was confirmed when Momo sighed defeatedly, "Okay, fine, I do like him..." Yup, this was definitely something he should be worried about.

Despite the aching sensation of his heart breaking of undeniable jealousy towards whoever the guy she liked was, he silently eavesdropped at the girls' conversation taking place. "Aaah, you're so adorable! Yaomomo fell in love!", Kyoka burst out into fits of giggles while squeezing Momo's shoulder rather tightly before continuing, "You want me to set him up with you?"

That was the time for him to step in.

"Didn't think I'd be seeing you here today, Momo.", Shoto walked over to them and spoke while also attempting to hide the fact that he heard everything. Well, almost everything considering the fact that he didn't get to know who exactly Momo had a crush on. He knew that he should've waited a bit to find out, but the thought of Kyoka setting her up with someone that was probably not him(in his mind) made him devastated.

The dual haired man felt Kyoka eyeing them both suspiciously but didn't notice the smirk spread across her lips as he was too focused on the raven haired girl in front of him who stiffened and opened her mouth but was unable to get any words out. Shit, did he make her uncomfortable? Did she realize he was eavesdropping on their conversation?

Finally she seemed to get back to her senses and stammered, "Oh...! Hey, Sh-Shoto."

He would totally call her out on how her gaze didn't seem to tear away from him and tease her about it if it weren't for her purple haired friend's presence, but nonetheless, acknowledging the fact that Kyoka existed too, he waved at her with a simple smile trying his best to act natural and she returned it with a smile as she buried her hands in her pockets. The air was extremely uncomfortable and the three university students definitely knew why.

After a moment of silence as Shoto contemplated on what to say to ease the atmosphere, he quirked a brow, making an attempt to joke, "Is there something I should know as to why you guys are being so awkwar-"

"My dorm keys!" Momo exclaimed all of a sudden as she patted the pockets of her uniform skirt to try and find the keys to her dorm room, but it was obvious to Shoto that she was pretending evident by the keys slightly dangling out of her pocket.

He pointed at it and looked at her trying his best to smile while correcting rather awkwardly, "They're... right there?" Kyoka snorted and covered her mouth to suppress the laughter threatening to burst out, Shoto noticing but deciding to just ignore it, Momo looking like a flustered mess out of embarrassment.

"Wait, did I say dorm keys? Aha! I meant... pencil case... Yeah, I forgot my pencil case in the lecture hall. I've been so eager to go to my dorm today so I guess it just slipped out..."