23 | 'a mistake'

THE TIP OF HER PEN MOVING ACROSS THE PAPERS was the only sound audible in the tranquil silence in the room as the raven haired girl discards a paper from the pile right after signing it in a fast and consistent pace. Just four- no, three more papers to sign and she'd be free from the hell that they call student council president work.

Her eyelids drooped downwards in exhaustion but she still tried her best to keep her eyes open as much as she possibly could with her body running on only four hours of sleep and low energy as she finished the last and final paperwork to do for the day. She let out a long and heavy sigh and rubbed her eyes lazily.

Momo was tired, to say the least. It wasn't an unusual thing for her nowadays and she was starting to get used to it, but she barely got to have any sleep the past few nights thanks to her dual haired friend taking over her mind completely.

Needless to say, she felt extremely guilty for lying to Shoto the other day, and Momo Yaoyorozu hated lying. It made her feel like shit. And on top of that, because she was so bad at lying, she knew that he knew that she was trying to avoid him and- ugh, how could she just face him after all that like nothing ever happened? It was a lot to process.

Leaning back on her seat making her head face the ceiling, she closed her eyes at last and let the sleep deprivation sink in(she made sure not to accidentally fall asleep right away because it would be bad if she actually did).

Fortunately, all the other student council members left early which made Momo have the whole student council room to herself for the day. Normally she would feel lonely but right now she felt great- well she wasn't that great but compared to her busy days of just completing paperwork it was great- and she could finally get the chance to relax.

Luckily Kyoka comforted her saying that Shoto didn't appear to mind at all giving her the slightest bit of reassurance, but still. It would probably take a while for him to start talking to her again after all that.

At least that was what she initially thought before the door opened all of a sudden, producing an echo around the room devoid of any other people, and she stood up to turn and face whoever was entering. Her midnight eyes widened in disbelief after realizing it was her dual haired friend who she had finally managed to forget about just a second ago after trying her best to. Fuck.

This was sudden. All too sudden. She wasn't ready to face him this soon. She didn't even get a chance to think about how she should apologize.

In spur of the moment, she bowed down to him rather hastily. "I'm so sorry for-"

"Calm down, I didn't even care about it that much. I was just here to visit you." He smiles and plays it off, making her posture less tense as her shoulders slumped down with relief, and walks over to her casually, pulls out a chair, and sits next to the raven haired girl as if nothing ever happened, reminding her to sit back down as well. She wasn't exactly sure if he was lying or not when he said he didn't care, but right now she couldn't be more relieved.

"You've been working hard, Princess." His heterochromatic eyes were locked onto the papers with a blank gaze.

Momo knew that look. She'd been friends with him for so long, of course she would. Even if it was dull and displayed no emotion, she knew just how worried he was. She hated making him worry about her. And so in an attempt at a lively voice, she tried her best to smile and teased, "I'm done for the day so you don't have to be that worried, you big flirt."

"What, you expect me not to get worried when you look like you literally came out of The Walking Dead?", he pointed at her eyebags. There was a slight hint of genuine concern in his otherwise teasing voice that Momo quickly caught onto. She just let a weak smile grace her lips as she looked back at him in response.