15 | 'shoto todoroki'

SHOTO WAS UNABLE TO sleep at all. No matter how many times he had rolled over in his bed to try a position where he would be comfortable enough to fall into a deep slumber, or absentmindedly scrolled through his phone to kill time in hopes that he would eventually get sleepy, he just couldn't. This was unusual for him.

And I say unusual, because usually he'd just close his eyes and doze off into sleep without putting any effort at all. However, that really couldn't be the case right now after the events that had went down recently. After meeting Momo, she hit his life like a train and now he couldn't go back to being his usual cold asshole self because of her being... well, her.

It was crazy, really. How a mere girl could take such an effect on someone like Shoto Todoroki.

She was always so intelligent and had great perspectives on things which took an influence on him quite a bit. Her adorableness made him want to hold her close and never let go. But, no matter how much he wanted to go back to being an emotionless asshole, whenever something bad happened to her, he would be very distressed.

And that was applying to him right now, when he found himself climbing up the stairs(he wanted to take the elevator but it was already being used by a particular raven haired girl at the time, so he took the stairs instead) as he headed to the rooftop of the dormitory building so he could make an attempt to clear his thoughts there.

His dorm room didn't have that warm and inviting aura to it like Momo's did. It was dull, lonely and very cold(seriously, he should just install a heater there for how cold it was, especially during the night when the extremely cold air would somehow find its way in his room). So, he figured that blankly staring at the view which midnight had to offer high up in the rooftop in a place where he expected no one else to be there especially during the late hour would help him compose himself for once after a long stressful week.

He'd never been to the roof before. But today he reckoned that he would make a short trip there because, according to his little friend Izuku, it was a great place to ease up and forget about your problems within the tranquil atmosphere as there were barely ever any people there. So, naturally, he believed that no one else would be there and he would be completely alone as he wished to be.

He thought that no one else would be there.

However that didn't quite appear to be the case as when he stepped out in the concrete floor of the very roof, he found there to be a particular figure with midnight colored hair resting her hands on the railing in the distance with the moonlight shining down on her making her look like the absolute angel she was. Of course, it was Momo. But, no matter how much he wanted to stare at her beauty forever, that was the least of his concerns of the moment.

It was pretty clear that she did not want to be near him, especially after she ran away from him like that today. He didn't want to make her feel worse by replaying that moment again.

So, trying to think of a solution, he stood. Yes, he literally just awkwardly stood there, for approximately two minutes and fourteen seconds, thinking. Now he had come up with two choices; one, flat out run away to not make her uncomfortable by his presence, or two, keep his promise with Kyoka and try to fix things once and for all. 

It seemed that he had chosen the latter option when he buried his hands in the pockets of his black sweatshirt and suddenly approached her on her left as a small smile crept on his face when he found himself unable to look away from the surprised yet adorable look on her face and spoke, "Hey there, Momo."

To his surprise, Momo didn't back away. Instead, she kept her gaze locked on him with her eyes widened from shock. She wasn't ready to face him again. However, she didn't expect him to be greeting her so casually after all that happened. And she definitely did not expect him of all people to be here. So with pure curiosity laced in her tone, she dismissed his greeting and asked innocently, "Why are you here?"