13 | 'i believe in you'

THE RADIANT MORNING RAYS of the blazing sun seeped through the curtains of Momo's room, causing the raven haired girl to murmur something inaudible in annoyance as she rolled onto her back in hopes of shielding away the vivid sunlight from her eyes.

She sighed in defeat as she was already wide awake, so there was no use in trying to lull herself back to sleep. Propping herself up into somewhat of a sitting position, she turned her head to face a window on her right and took in the scenery.

The sun seemed to mock her in a way. It was bright, very bright, much the opposite of what the poor girl felt with an undeserved amount of problems on her plate. The clear sky and the fluffy white clouds made her feel no sense of peace like she would usually feel in the mornings, instead it brought her sorrow. She knew that the sky would turn gray and droplets of rain would pour down harshly from the clouds someday, mimicking her tears of solemn. 

Momo stopped herself from her short session of gazing at the window(though it felt like hours) and forced herself to pull the blankets away and got out of bed stepping onto the cold hardwood floor, immediately regretting her decision as her body started aching from hunger and exhaustion. Normally, she would be stretching to start off her morning, but her severe lack of energy restrained her to do so.

She weakly made her way over to the bathroom, stumbling slightly in the process, and took a moment to look at her reflection staring right back at her in the mirror.

The raven haired girl was a mess.

Dark and very noticeable eyebags formed under her eyes which covered the hints of red that snuck under them, a result from her being a sobbing mess and not being able to sleep these past few days. Her dark colored eyes were almost closed in a half-assed attempt at keeping them open despite her obvious sleep deprivation. Strands of her raven locks stuck out everywhere making her look like a literal cavewoman; that was going to be a pain to brush out later. She couldn't let people see her in such a poor state.

In an attempt to wake herself up completely, she turned on the sink faucet, the annoyingly cold steel out of which the very faucet was made of coming in contact with her skin sending small shivers down her spine, and splashed freezing water onto her eyes. Soon after, she looked at herself in the mirror again. She was fully awake now, that was for sure.

The raven haired girl stepped out of the bathroom and strolled over to her dressing table(she took fast steps to get there quicker as her dorm was larger than the other students') and took the cream colored comb which was laid neatly on the right side of the table with all the other things she considered necessary. She repeatedly ran the comb down each of her raven locks, the process was slow and slightly painful as she had to detangle numerous knots in her hair and was given an unwanted priority to fix a strand that wouldn't comply to being straightened back down no matter how many times she tried to comb it. 

Momo was about to place the comb back on the table when she jumped slightly from surprise resulting it to drop from her hand as sudden beeping sounds erupted from behind her. Staggering on her way to the source of the sound as she was too exhausted to be able to move properly, she gingerly paced over to her bedside table in realization that the sounds were coming from the alarm she set on her phone to wake herself up for school. Picking up her phone, the raven haired girl glanced over to her closet and stared at her school uniform which peeked out from the half open doors of the wooden furniture. Then, those words rang in her ears.

"I suggest you stop being friends with that boy. He means nothing but mischief."
"Anything bothering you, Sweetheart?"
"Weren't we supposed to be close friends and always trust each other?"

She didn't see the point of going to school today. Seeing Shoto and Kyoka's disappointed faces was too much for her to handle. They probably hated her by now. Why wouldn't they, really? She was a terrible friend to them, she decided to be selfish and left them in the dark. She wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want anything to do with her anymore.