11 | 'her fake smile'

TO SAY SHOTO WAS happy was definitely an understatement.

In fact, he was in quite the well mood today and didn't have that scowl on his face like he always did as he passed the students.

In result of his unusual behavior, Izuku actually thought he hit his head and got amnesia and even tried to ask him if he was doing alright. He didn't get an answer on that one as Shoto was busy smiling at literally nothing, but Izuku decided not to press more on the confusing matter.

Well, why wouldn't he be happy really? All the rumors and backbiting surrounding him and Momo had been solved. He would be able to pass through the school halls without hearing whispers that evolved from his presence and probably had a malicious intent about him. He would be able to sit in a classroom without people giving him looks that he would immediately return with a middle finger. But that wasn't even the best part of it all.

The best part was, he got to see Momo relaxed and happy instead of feeling insecure around other people. She finally got to earn what she deserved; a well needed break. He could just see the spark of joy in her eyes which shone brightly after the incident happened the day before. 

Which is why today he didn't expect to be seeing Momo so... gloomy.

He knew it all. The obvious fake smile etched onto her peachy lips that appeared forced, with her supposed 'happiness' she insisted on feeling today not showing at all in her eyes in the slightest. Speaking of her eyes; the male noticed how the usual shimmer that beamed through her dark colored orbs was gone and instead her eyes appeared puffy and... from what he could tell with her head turned away from him as they hurried to get to their next class, it was red almost as if she had cried just recently.

Not to mention, she was clearly trying to avoid him. The way she immediately made an attempt to run away from him when he first noticed her, the way she's now trying her best not to keep any form of eye contact with him, the way she just gives him insufficient responses to his effort to communicate with her in a strangely monotone voice, and the way she kept an awfully large social distancing between them was just enough proof for Shoto. But he tried to dismiss it and in an attempt to keep things less awkward he inquired,

"So, what's your next class that you're headed to?"

The raven haired girl blankly stares forward as if she's looking at a distant world and stays silent for a second ignoring her dual haired friend's question. Shoto raised a brow at her in expectance which caused her to finally process what he had just asked as her eyes widened in shock from the sudden yet very simple question that seemed to startle her. "Oh- uh, chemistry."

Shoto does nothing but nod skeptically as he buried his hands into the pockets of his gray uniform blazer, allowing the girl to go back to staring into space yet again. Something is definitely wrong here. And so he questioned once again with his voice edging on genuine concern, "Anything bothering you, Sweetheart?"

Before Momo could respond to his suspicion, she finds herself at last standing in front of a door with a small sign above it with letters that spelled, "CHEMISTRY". Shoto takes the chance to look at her and notices she almost looks relieved at the chance to be away from his presence. His lips curl downward forming a frown of disappointment which Momo couldn't see as she secretly let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in relief. "H-Here's my class, I'll be going, bye!"

The dual haired man merely watched as she entered the classroom which reminded him that he had to head to his own class as well. As he started running in a haste to do so, numerous thoughts overtook his mind while his unbuttoned gray blazer and improper red tie swayed in the air along with him. Why was she trying so hard to avoid him? Why did she appear so distressed when he tried to talk with her? Does she hate him? What did he do for her to hate him--