6 | 'you play guitar too?'

SHOTO HAD SOMEHOW found himself ending up visiting the school's library once again, only to unintentionally meet up with Momo in there as well.

Now there they were, aimlessly chattering about academics and sarcastically bickering back and forth about things that didn't matter at all, as they studied the notes they had taken in their classes today. The two were starting to warm up to each other a bit after becoming friends.

"I think I'll read a book this time."

The raven haired girl's eyes lit up with intrigue from her dual haired friend's statement as countless names of books came to her mind thinking of which one he would enjoy. And so, she affirmed rather confidently, "I'll definitely find you a book you'll like."

Shoto smirked as he stated competitively, "Bet."

A spark of determination appeared in Momo's eyes from his challenge as she stood up from her chair and signaled for Shoto to follow her. She strolled to one one of the many bookshelves, and slid one of the books out to take a look at the back cover to read the synopsis of the story.

She thought it probably wouldn't fit his interest, and pushed it back in its spot.

Momo repeated the process for a bit and continued taking out more books from the said bookshelf, but ended up discarding each one she took defeatedly. But, being an expert reader who knew pretty much everything about books, she wouldn't allow herself to give up just yet as she had her set goal in mind.

Shoto watched her and simply smiled in satisfaction as he already felt victory despite the bet not finishing yet, and also from how adorable her determination was.

She moved on to another bookshelf and she noticed a book which caught her eye. The raven haired girl excitedly took it, then flipped it over to reveal the back cover which contained the story's summary and showed it to Shoto.

To her disappointment, he declined saying it was 'too cliché' and she sighed sadly. "Then what do you like?", she inquired to which Shoto just shrugged his shoulders. She furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance, but continued examining a few more books in the bookshelf. The girl found a lot of them interesting, but just knew Shoto wouldn't agree to read them.

Momo merely glanced at another bookshelf on her right and parted her lips in surprise.

One of the books there stood out to her a lot.

The raven haired girl immediately went towards that bookshelf and swiftly took the book out from its place and flipped it over once again to show the dual haired man the synopsis.

It was merely an action thriller which contained romance, but Momo knew that the book would have a lot of meaning and as soon as she read through the summary she was convinced it was a perfect fit for Shoto.

The dual haired man was silent for a moment as if he was pondering on his decision whether to read the book because he actually found it interesting, or to decline once again so she wouldn't win the bet. But because of the excited look in her face, he worried about the thought of making her upset, and so he nodded in agreement.

Momo's expression instantly lit up in joy, but she quickly hid it and made herself appear calmer.

She handed the book to Shoto and he took it from her hands, making their fingers brush against each other slightly, which caused him to inwardly freak out.

They both put their little bet to an end and went to their table to go back to sitting in their respective places, and started to read once again.

Shoto just knew that Momo was definitely going to ask him if he was enjoying the book that she chose for him every five minutes.