25 | 'happily ever after'

THIS WAS NOT QUITE MOMO'S DAY IT SEEMED, as when the raven haired girl reached the school exit and opened the big wooden door, she had come to a realization that it was too late.

Rain was falling in sheets outside, and if Momo wanted to go back to the dormitory building in one piece, she was gonna have to make a run for it because, as unlucky as it was, she forgot to bring an umbrella. Her brows furrowed in utter frustration as she stared at the pouring rain. Seriously, out of all things for a student council president to forget, she forgot to bring an umbrella?

Nonetheless, she blew out a sigh. This wasn't the time to be reprimanding herself. What happened already happened, she supposed. She could always wait inside for the rainfall to pass, but there was a chance she would run into Shoto and she couldn't face him right now because she let herself lose her self control and kissed him in the student council room just a bit ago. Tears stung her eyes from her heartache at the thought.

Blinking the tears away, she silently cursed the weather for leaving her no other choice. She took a moment to prepare herself for another round of running away as far as possible from her dual haired friend and stepped out into the muddy ground filled with rainwater that drenched her socks halfway.

Facing forward with a determined glint in her eyes watery from tears threatening to push through, she began to run. Momo ran as fast as she could with her low stamina weighing her down by a lot, almost losing sight of where she was going with the harsh rain clouding her view. She could swear she almost slipped from how much she was pushing herself over her limit.

The rain soaked her hair and school uniform completely, but she didn't care. She didn't care about anything right now. Anything but Shoto. Numerous memories flashed through her mind- reading books in the school library together, receiving white roses from him when they hung out that day, slow dancing to a ballad song in a balcony, losing track of time while talking about anything and everything late at night- their friendship was perfect. And she fucked it up all because of her stupid feelings for him.

At one point, she stopped running to catch her breath. The sound of the rain pouring muffled out her heart thumping loudly in her ears. Her dark colored eyes staying locked onto the cloudy sky as shaky and unstable breaths left her mouth. With tears glistening in the corners of her eyes, everything became a blur.

Loving Shoto Todoroki was bittersweet. Sweet because it gave her a magical sense of euphoria that she had never felt before whenever she was with him. But she was inexperienced at love. She couldn't sort out her feelings and wouldn't know what to do with herself if he ever told her that he didn't like her back. It was addicting and euphoric, but also tiring and painful.

Momo couldn't handle the pain eating away at her any longer and the outcome of her despair poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

She clenched her white uniform shirt right where her heart was with her hands and bent down, helpless tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. It hurt. Her heart hurt. She knew she was being selfish by wanting him to love her back. She knew she was being pathetic by staying in probably a one-sided love. She knew she was turning into the person she never wanted to be; a sad, heartbroken girl. And the worst part was, she couldn't stop it as much as she wanted to.

So yeah, she was stuck, helpless and utterly confused. And I say confused because the presence of rain falling down on her had gone away all of a sudden. Was it that God answered her calls and it stopped raining? No, that wasn't it. She could still hear it pouring heavily.

Her shirt was left wrinkled from the result of her clenching it tightly as her hands dropped to her sides, and she straightened her posture to stand up so she could see that it was actually a dark grey umbrella shielding her from the merciless rain.