What Should Have Been...

3rd Person POV

The Mugen Train speeds through the night, not slowing down for a second, atop this barreling locomotive, Lower One, Enmu, stands atop it. Relishing in the chaos he was causing inside the train.

Enmu: To die while in the rapture of a dream... A blessing indeed. It doesn't matter how powerful a demon hunter you are. The spark that drives these beings comes from the heart. (Reattaches his hand) The human spirit. All you have to do is stamp out their spiritual core! You can kill them just like that! All human hearts work in the same fashion. Like a delicate glasswork, they're so pitifully fragile and weak.

Back inside the train, Tanjiro and all the other demon slayers were fast asleep. Tanjiro and (Y/n) in particular, both of them were silently weeping, not wanting to leave their dreams... Where everything was as they should have been...

Enmu: Fall deeper... And deeper still... Into your dream...

Inside Tanjiro's dream, Tanjiro was putting his basket on his back, ready to head down into town for his charcoal sales.

Tanjiro hugs his brother goodbye, ready to depart for his charcoal sales, ready to get back to providing for his family.

Elsewhere in (Y/n)'s dream, (Y/n) and his family were all laughing around the table, enjoying each other again, making each other laugh... As they should have been...

Back in the outside world, Enmu stood atop the train, still gleefully relishing in his victims living in his dreams...

Enmu: Continue to slumber... And... You shall never be roused again...

Enmu's eye reveals his rank of Lower One, showing that no matter what, he would be in complete control of everything... No matter what, everyone on this train would be his hostage, and no one could ever save them...

As the train ran along the tracks, inside, the boy in the tanned yellow kimono, was fast asleep, his roped tied to Zenitsu's wrist.

As he slept, Zenitsu fell through the water, slolwy slipping further and further away from the light... Drowing deeper into his deep sleep...

Inside Zenitsu's dream, it was bright and sunny, with peach trees lining the pathway.

The young demon slayer ran through the peach trees hand-in-hand with the woman of his life. The love of his life, the only person who means the world to him... Nezuko...

Zenitsu: (Runs through the forest) Come on, this way! These peaches are delicious! And with all the white clover in bloom I can make you a ring of flowers. I'm actually pretty good at it. You'll see. (Turns around) Come on, Nezuko!

Nezuko: Yeah! Make a lot, okay?

Zenitsu and Nezuko both run through the forest, Zenitsu admiring Nezuko's beauty as she encourages him to make lots of pretty flower rings.