Thank you, Tokito

3rd Person POV

Deep in the forest, after being sent flying thanks to one part of the Upper Four Demon, Hantengu, namely his joyous alter ego, Urogi, Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito, and Squad Seven Captain, Sajin Komomura both raced back to the mansion they were staying at, as well as the rest of the Swordsmith Village, which was currently under attack by hordes of demons.

However, as they ran back to the village, off to the side, they saw a young boy being attacked by a massive fish demon, young Kotetsu. The poor boy was helplessly flailing a sword around, trying to fight back against the demon. Unfortunately, it was painfully evident that the boy wasn't skilled enough to kill the demon. Seeing that Kotetsu was in danger, Komomura pleaded with Muichiro to stop and help the poor boy before he was killed, unfortunately, given his attitude, the Mist Hashira prioritized the village elder over this one boy... However, before he could get far away from the boy, Tanjiro's kind words echoed in his ear again...

Tanjiro: Life has a way of rewarding good deeds. Often when you're helping others, you're helping yourself.

Hearing Tanjiro's kind words... Muichiro quickly pivoted with Komomura... And rushed back to the demon and Kotetsu... Where, with one quick slash from their blades... They sliced off the fish's fins, saving Kotetsu from what would have been a very painful death for the young boy.

Muichiro: Run.

Kotetsu: It's you two...

Muichiro: Run for it before you get in my way even more.

Sajin: Stay back, young Kotetsu... We will protect you.

Grabbing their swords closely, Sajin and Muichiro readied themselves for battle. Roaring and lunging at the two demon slayers, the fish attempted to devour the two demon slayers... Only for them both to swiftly raise their swords and slam them through the fishes head, decapitating it and killing it.

Emerging from the bush he was hiding in, Kotetsu looked down at the decapitated fish demon's head, in complete shock from Muichiro and Sajin's fluid and impressive sword skills, allowing them to kill the demon immediately without any issue. Strangely, the demon didn't disintegrate, instead it kept wobbling around, stumbling and looking for its head... That wasn't the worst of it though, soon, the demon's body started bubbling and its head grew back!

Muichiro: Despite slicing off what we thought was its head, it's still able to regenerate. So that must mean...

Looking up at the looming fish demon, Muichiro acted quickly and deduced the true nature of this beast... If slicing off its head wouldn't kill it... Then the pot on top of it probably was the weak point. Jumping up and slashing it down the middle, as he had anticipated, once the pot was sliced and destroyed, the fish demon finally died properly.

Muichiro: It was getting its power from that vase... I'm guessing a Blood Demon Art created it.

Running out of the bush, Kotetsu jumped onto Muichiro, crying tears of joy as he hugged his hero and clung to his neck, saying something he, or even Muichiro would ever expect to hear in their lives.