Tonight

3rd Person POV

At the Tokito House, one of the two little girls had started pestering Oiran Koinatsu to play with her and entertain her for a while during her off hours of working. Thankfully, it seemed Koinatsu was on board with taking a small break to play with her two surrogate kids.

Little Girl: Oiran! Oiran! Come on, let's play! Let's play!

Koinatsu: (Smiles) All right, then.

Second Girl: Oiran! (Holds up some books) Can you read me a story?

Koinatsu: Well, certainly. What should I read?

Second Girl: Let's see... How about...

Little Girl: (Holds up a new book) Can you read me this story?

Koinatsu: (Motions to the second girl) Once I finish reading her story. I promise I'll get to yours after.

However, despite the second little girl asking to have her story read first, she was kind enough to instead offer to go second in line with Koinatsu and her storytelling. Unfortunately... Things didn't exactly go as she planned...

Second Girl: You can just read mine later.

Little Girl: Read mine later!

Second Girl: Why are you always copying me?

Little Girl: Well, uhh...

Koinatsu: Now, now, you two. (Lightly claps her hands) Oh, that reminds me. (Walks over to her dresser) Come see, I have something to give you two.

Koinatsu led the two girls over to her dresser in the room. Upon opening the dresser, everyone all looked down at a purple cloth covering something underneath it.

Little Girl: What is it?

Second Girl: What are you giving us, Oiran?

The oiran takes the cloth and opens it up to reveal two beautiful hairpins, one bright orange, while the other was a beautiful light silver color.

Girls: (Looks at the hairpins) Woooow!

Little Girl: But why?

Second Girl: These are really special treasures of yours, aren't they, Oiran?

Koinatsu: It's all right. Don't you worry about that. You're also very special to me. Which is why I'm giving them to you. (Smiles) (Chuckles)

Girls: (Gasp) Thank you, Oiran!

The two girls giggle to themselves as they prepare to take the hairpins gratefully, however, unbeknownst to the girls in the room, Tanjiro was looking in the room through a little crack in the door, softly smiling at the kind gesture that Koinatsu was giving to the two kids.