Gathering

3rd Person POV

At Demon Slayer HQ, a young woman stands in awe, looking up at the man who she thought would never wake up, this young woman was revealed to be the Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, and the person she was looking up as... Was her old friend, one she knew could save the man she loved... The long-thought comatosed Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku...

Shinobu: (Shocked) Kyojuro...! You... You're awake...!

Kyojuro: Shinobu... (Looks down) I see you've left your room... That's... That's good...

As Kyojuro looked down at the ground, he noticed something coming from Shinobu... Something started falling to the ground, something seemed to soak the ground at her feet... Once Kyojuro looked up, he saw the source of the strange wetness... Shinobu had started crying...

Naturally, having spent the past few months in training and rehabilitation, which he should still be doing, but of course, like his tiny friend, he insisted on rushing through the process, which was harder than he anticipated, but by some miracle, he was able to power through it, however, as such, he ended up missing out on a lot of the conflicts that were brewing overhead, namely concerning (Y/n) and his change in behavior...

Because of this, he only just heard of Shinobu locking herself in her room, though, he still had no idea as to why he was acting so differently and the reason as to why Shinobu had started crying...

Kyojuro: H-Hey! What's wrong? Did something happen between you and (Y/n)?

Unfortunately, it seemed Kyojuro ended up hitting a sore spot for the Insect Hashira, who only began to cry harder after mentioning (Y/n). So much so that seemingly in her distress, she rushed over to Kyojuro and wrapped her arms around him, sobbing into his chest. Naturally, Kyojuro was completely confused with what was wrong with his friend, even more so when he looked back at his team for answers, and they all just solemnly hung their heads.

Not knowing what to do, Kyojuro simply wrapped his arms around Shinobu and softly patting her head, attempting to comfort her from whatever was causing her such emotional distress.

Kyojuro: What's wrong...? What happened while I was out...?

Shinobu: (Crying) P-Please... Kyojuro... (Sniffles) Y-You have to save him... Please... (Looks Kyojuro in the eye) Save (Y/n)! You have too! I... I can't... (Cries harder) I can't do anything for him!!! (Grips Kyojuro's uniform tightly) I can't help him anymore!!!

The Flame Hashira couldn't do anything for his friend... All he could do was hold her close, trying to comfort his friend in her distress. All he could do... Was watch... He was always watching, on the sidelines, never being able to do enough for his friends... But he could at least help her to save (Y/n) from himself... Right...?

Kyojuro: Shinobu... I...

Shinobu: Please, Kyojuro... You have too... I... I need him to come home...

Kyojuro: Shinobu... I... I can't...! I can't see him... Not again...

Shinobu: (Distraught) Wha...? Why not...? Kyojuro, I-I don't understand... Why can't you do it...? Kyojuro, please... You have to!

Kyojuro: You wouldn't understand... You didn't see him... After the demon fled... He... (Trembles) He started apologizing... You and I both know he's unapologetic about a lot of things... You know he hardly apologizes for anything... You should have seen him... He hardly seemed like himself... I'm sorry... But I just can't! I can't look him in the eyes again... At least... Not yet... Once I become stronger... Only then... Only then can I see him again... Until then... It's best that I keep my distance from him...