Defeating an Upper Rank Demon

3rd Person POV

Locked in deep combat with each other, two warriors continued to battle against each other, on one side there was the Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui. The other, the Upper Six demon, Gyutaro. Assisting the demon slayer was his allies, namely the young prodigal demon slayer, Tanjiro Kamado, and the Frost Hashira and Captain of Squad Ten of the Thirteen Court Guard Squad, (Y/n) (L/n). From above however, Hinatsuru, one of Tengen's three wives, provided support to the demon slayers, firing multiple Wisteria laced kunai at the Upper Moon demon.

Sensing the imposing danger that was coming his way, Gyutaro slammed his foot in the ground and activated one of his Blood Demon Arts. In doing so, Gyutaro manipulated his blood to create a small bubble around himself, blocking all the kunai that were sent his way. However, the demon ended up leaving himself wide open, allowing Tengen to rush in and pull off an unthinkable feat. Slicing off Gyutaro's legs.

Suddenly, as Gyutaro flew through the air without his legs, a kunai landed in the side of his neck, shocking the demon and filling Tengen with newfound confidence that he and the other demon slayers could win this battle. Meanwhile, Hinatsuru simply looked on in shock, hoping that her intervention could have done something to help the demon slayers win the battle.

Hinatsuru: Please tell me it worked, even if just for a second. If it did... Then someone should be able to behead him!

Three demon slayers all slowly closed in on the demon, only one of them had to make the final push... With one last swing of their swords, they could bring this whole nightmare to an end... All it would take is one hit... With that one hit, they would have done it... One hit is all it would take to defeat an Upper Rank demon...

Flashback

A few years ago, back at the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters, Tengen, Makio, Suma, and Hinatsuru all stood in front of a grave under the sakura trees... As Tengen visited the grave, the tombstone revealed just whose grave this belonged to...

 As Tengen visited the grave, the tombstone revealed just whose grave this belonged to

Uzui Family Grave

Setting down his offerings, Tengen and his wives all pray to the departed, showing their respect to the lost souls who passed on at the hands of their own family members... After finishing their prayers, Tengen stands up and grabs a container of sake and prepares to open it up as an offering to his family.

Tengen: If my siblings were still alive... (Pours sake over the grave) Maybe we would have gone drinking one day. Forgive me... But I haven't died just yet. So I brought some fine sake to make up for it. I promise we'll all grab drinks in the afterlife at some point.

After making his offerings, Tengen and the others all sat down on a cloth, ready to enjoy a nice picnic to lift their spirits and honor the dead by celebrating their life. After drinking one small shot of sake, Tengen sighs and turns to his wives, giving them all one simple order.