Never Giving In

3rd Person POV

Elsewhere in the world, Kyojuro and his small party were all making their way through the countryside, looking to see if they could find any means to grow stronger so they could better prepare themselves for their battle with Sosuke later down the line.

However, after a long day of traveling, it was time for the group to rest by a fire, allowing for them all to re-energize from a long day of training and traveling. Everyone was sitting around the fire and enjoying their meals. However... There was something off... There wasn't a single "Umai" to be heard. Kyojuro just ate in silence, not muttering a word as he ate, something which Byakuya soon took notice of...

Byakuya: What is it? You're not eating right.

Kyojuro: Hm? Oh... I suppose I'm just not up to it right now. We had a long day and I'm sure you're all tired, so I don't wish to bother you with my habits.

Rangiku: Oh come on, it's nothing. I can handle it! I mean... (Nurses her head) As long as this hangover doesn't give me too much grief...

Retsu remains quiet, not wanting to get involved in the rather silly conversation that was unfolding in front of her, however, thankfully, Byakuya was quick to change the topic, hoping to learn more about what Kyojuro planned to do now that he was back up.

Byakuya: Tell me, Kyojuro. Did you pay your family a visit?

Kyojuro: (Puts his food down) I did...

Byakuya: If you don't mind. Share. Please.

Kyojuro looks down into the fire, looking at the flames that burned bright in the night sky, but now, the fire in his own heart was slowly fading... Now where a burning inferno once stood, all that remained was a small ember of the formerly proud Hashira...

Flashback

A few days before Kyojuro and the others left for their journey to defeat Sosuke, the newly awakened Flame Hashira went off to pay a visit to his residence, once he managed to sneak his way past Aoi that is. Seeing as how he should still be in recovery, Aoi was being extremely strict on his recovery so he couldn't move around as freely as he could before being injured by Akaza.

However, today was a lucky day, Kyojuro managed to sneak out of the Butterfly Mansion and began to slowly make his way over to his residence, needing to let his family know that he was okay and back up on his feet again.

Slowly walking down the streets of his old home, Kyojuro saw his home coming in sight, finally closing in on his destination, eager to see his brother and father again. Though, the young Flame Hashira was rather worried about coming back to see them again. It's been multiple months since he's been gone... And what's more, he failed to defeat the demon that nearly killed him in the process... He failed his mission. And brought shame and dishonor to his family.

But now wasn't the proper time to think about that, he needed to keep moving so he could find his way back home and see his family once again. In the Rengoku Estate, Senjuro was hard at work with his usual chores, sweeping up the grounds in order to make sure everything was in perfect and pristine condition.

However, as the young boy continued sweeping, his eyes drifted towards the gate to his home, off in the distance, young Senjuro watched as a man slowly hobbled his way over to the estate. Squinting to get a better look, Senjuro finally managed to make out who was walking towards his home... A young man with bright fiery yellow and orange hair... Several bandages wrapped around his left eye and multiple bandages around his stomach where his solar plexus should be... It was his brother... After almost four months of being in a coma... Kyojuro had finally returned home...