~23~

Hey guys, this is an honorary chapter being posted for my wife (one of my friend wives of course lol). She got Wattpad and you should totally check out her story(KatimousMaximous). It's not a sander sides story, but it's still good so far! Anyway, in case you weren't heart broken enough last chapter, here's the newest heart wrencher! I love you all and hope you stay amazing!

Janus
I know what you're all thinking. You couldn't wait until it was finally my point of view again. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Sarah owes me 20 bucks. Give me my money, you said sparkle stiletto boy was gonna be their favorite. Ha. Ha.

And yes. That's what I've been thinking about while Patton is at school. The only thing. That's it. The money Sarah owes me. Not worrying about Patton at all. Because he's mature enough to handle himself. And wouldn't ever hurt himself more by pushing himself past the limit- ………..

Holy crap I should have followed him. I'm the worst guardian angel ever. I should fly after- no. No, Janus. He survived this far into his life by some miracle, he can survive today. You'll follow him tomorrow. UHHH NOT IN THE CREEPY WAY. IN THE YOU'RE GONNA END UP DEAD TOO WAY- 

….. okay that came out wrong. But you know what I mean so shush. 

I glanced at the clock before flying out of the room. One hour left until Patton is home. Not that I’m counting or anything. I paused when seeing Patton’s mother. She was talking into a box like the one I returned to Patton a few days ago.

“Yes, I understand,” She rolled her eyes, “You’ll get them next week. No, I can’t get them to you sooner. I have to test to see if it works first,” She paused, squinting, “And I can’t do that for at least an hour. I’ll have the results back to you by midnight. Does Regan know? Well I can’t call him now. I’ll tell him when he gets home.” She stopped for a moment like a voice was coming out of the box and talking to her. It went on for a while before she finally spoke again, “There are other methods that are more successful. The nail method for example.” My eyes widened. Nail method? Like what she did to Patton? “Don’t worry, we’ll get them to talk soon,” Okayyyyy if they weren’t labeled as psychopaths before, they definitely are now.

She walked down the hall before opening the closet door and heading down the stairs. I glanced back and sighed. It’s not like I have anything else to do. 

The she-demon unlocked the large door that lead into what I like to call the torture room and went to a shelf. Once there, she pulled down one of the millions of metal cases. I swear, where do these guys get these things? She opened the case. Ah yes. How menacing. There were twelve vial-like things on each side of the case secured in a black foam casing thingy. They were each at least 4/5ths of the way full of this light blue liquid. I feel so threatened. I might just die on the spot- oh wait. Been there, done that.

She pulled out a vial, then took a needle from a pocket in the case I didn't notice before. She put the needle in the edge of the vial, making a shot-thing. You know, like the flu shot needle, how it has the vial that holds the liquid.. Uhhh.. Kay. A little more threatening. What the heck could this be for-

My blood would have run cold if I had any. Yeah, okay Patton's not coming home today. I won't let him.

I made a mad dash up the stairs before I remembered I could fly. Duh. I flew the rest of the way and right out the door. I saw him walking down the sidewalk, maybe a block down. I zoomed over. "Patton!"

He jumped and looked up at me, "Janus..? What is it?"

"You can't go home," he squinted.

"Why not?"

"Your mother is planning on.. to heck if I know!"

"... Where should I go instead?" I paused for a moment, thinking where else we would go.

"You can always come to my house," I stated the obvious. He looked at me almost skeptically.

“I… I think I’ll be okay.” I’m sorry, what now?

“Oh wonderful idea. Go ahead and make it so I have to go to school for you for the next three years.” He clenched his jaw and kept his eyes on the ground. “Come on, Patton. You know what they’re capable of.”

“But I don’t know what you’re capable of.” I froze, staring at him. What I’m capable of? I mean.. I don’t even know all that I’m capable of. Why does that matter? Does he think I’m going to do something? What could I do? I’ve literally given him no reason to not trust me.

“Pardon?” He sighed.

“I mean… I don’t really know you… And I met you last week… And you’re a-” He bit his tongue. I straightened my shoulders, the realization dawning on me. Of course. Of course it would come down to this. It always does. I shouldn't be surprised. 

“Ghost." I stated. The word felt disgusting on my tongue. "I’m a supernatural creature with an evil glint in my eye. One that could only want to cause mischief. Of course. I forgot,” I shook my head. I guess it was a big waste of time and effort. In the end it always comes back to it. I can’t be trusted. 

I’m a ghost.

960 words
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Now suffer until I decide to post the next one lol. I love all of you. Just remember that while I slowly drag out children through the dirt. Wait no I adopted you all last chapter- uhhhhh... drag you emotionally... hug you physically- nope that'd be creepy. Just... virtual hug, yeah that'd do it. Keep being amazing and stay true to you. Until next time sisters, brothers, and non binary others! Also special hello to my wife. Mkay, I'm gonna let yall go do life now. Byeeeeee

💖Maybay4