~27~

I don't have much to say so... hi. The name's Flinn Rider.

Warning: Chaos chapter. Readers beware. I pray you come out sane, but you most likely won't. If you were even sane to begin with which is doubtful.

Remus
I aimed another pea in my rubber band. Right for the target. Okay maybe a little to the left, but that was easily adjustable. A smirk found its way to my face making my totally real and not taped on mustache crooked. I took a slow breath before letting it go. The pea flew through the air, bouncing off walls and pots before finally hitting the thin, probably 150 page, book. The book began falling over, knocking the dominoes down one by one until one fell off the kitchen counter. It landed perfectly on a carefully placed broom that fell over and knocked the end of a toy car that was placed at the top of a ramp. The car did a loopty loop before falling off in the middle of the second loop and landing upside down. It skidded to the next target, the marbles. Once the marbles were hit, they went in three different directions on three very different paths. One went into a marble launcher and was launched across a large distance onto the kitchen counter. Another rolled down a carefully placed path that led straight to the target. The last one rolled down a ramp then landed on the f3 button on the remote, changing the movie from a Disney movie to 50 shades of grey. I heard Roman yell from the other room and cackled. The first marble rolled on the counter and made it to its goal, dropping a marshmallow into my cup of lemonade. This is the best track I’ve made, so far so good. I looked to the last marble that was slowly gaining momentum. Almost there, almost there… The marble made it to the end of the ramp and- 

… Dropped. Straight to the ground. Well screw a t-rex and call me your mother’s three eyed scorpion. 

Bonnie looked up from her project before smirking. She picked up the marble, “You were so close with that one!”

I sighed, throwing my hands in the air, “Close isn’t the goal! How am I supposed to be hauntingly creepy if the contraptions never work?”

“Well you can try to be less obvious about them.” She winked, “I saw you place the ramp for my head so I messed with the slope,” I gasped loudly and inhaled a bug.

After coughing, I exclaimed, “You evil genius!” She let out her evil laugh. I moved a hand to my forehead. “Oh to think we were once close! Like two goldfish in a condom!” 

I heard the tv switch back to the Disney movie in the front room. So much for my evil plan. I took a sip of my lemonade and sat next to Bonnie who had gotten back to work dissecting a touch activated kitchen sink. She had a microscope and was looking at bits of the metal underneath. She had been told multiple times that she could go look on google, but she’s more of a hands-on learner. She has been wondering how they work for months now and they became her greatest foe. We came up with a ploy to steal one and have been working on it for a few months. Until we found one abandoned in a ditch yesterday. So. You know. The plan would have worked but why do it when you just have one? We still have the plan in the back of our heads in case we need to steal anything else though. 

“Learn anything new?” I asked, laying down on my back and lifting my feet and arms into the air like a dead bug. 

“Not much. There’s a sensor that runs through the metal and it’s a different type of metal so the sensors can actually feel you. That’s all I’ve got so far.”  I nodded, sighing. She had started 30 minutes ago so I get why she didn’t get that far, but I still wish she got farther. We need to figure out how to control this technology and take over the world. Or the sally beauty makeup store. I have never tasted better lipgloss.

I scrunch my nose, my mind going back to the marble, “What slope did you put it at?”

“You had it at about 1/8x so I shifted it up to 1/13x.” I sighed, yep that’d do it. It messes with the momentum entirely. I licked my thumb then dipped it in my lemonade and ran it across my forehead, simba-ing myself. She stuck her tongue out at me and I flicked lemonade in her face.