~5~

Warning: Mentions of abuse
Patton pov
I was running. Running away from it all. This is it. I'm dead. If my parents were to catch me, I don't even want to think of it! I did something… something bad… I end up in front of the Davis house and look around. I can do it here! I rush in and I am immediately greeted by a short stranger in all black with a yellow eye. They hug me close and beg me not to do it. That I have so much more to live for. But… do I? I go to the kitchen, and the boy tries to stop me, but he can't. I cannot be stopped. I reach in the drawer for something I somehow know is there. I grab the handle and aim the steak knife at my heart.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I jolt out of bed. My mind and body screamed at the sudden movement. Ow ow ow ow! I turn off my alarm and sigh.  It was only a dream. I check the time. Six fifteen. I quickly gather a clean bundle of clothes and head for the bathroom, grabbing the first aid kit on the way out. My limp was not helping. My leg was so bad, I ended up crawling to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom and stripped. Leaning against the counter, I examined my leg. Gah, it still hurt from last night. I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say that was where the evening took us. Any pressure added to it hurt, which made walking impossible. Add that to my back… I'll sum it up to a, I am ready to donate a vital organ. They didn't touch my back last night, but they did kick it a few times.

I turn on the shower and toss the towel over the shower curtain. I grab a plastic bag that was in the first aid kit, and rubber band it around my calf. I don't want it to get infected. I take my bandages off and slowly hobble into the shower. Ow ow ow ow!!! This is the first time I'm washing my back from yesterday morning and gosh darn it, it hurts! I have to bite down on my tongue to stop from screaming and waking up my parents. Stop complaining. You. Are. Fine. Stop being so weak! Gritting my teeth, I hiss as the soap dripped into my cuts. My arm had scabbed over and the soap couldn't get in them, thank goodness, but everything else stung and burned. I quickly finished and dried off. I carefully unwrapped my leg and dumped hydrogen peroxide over it. I bit down on my towel that I had previously put in my mouth. It muffled my screams as I finished putting gauze on and bandaged it. I then got dressed in long pants and a long sleeved shirt. I put my socks and shoes on, and tried to stand.

I wonder why the floor is getting bigger… Ow! I guess I can't stand on that leg. I have to take a few seconds before I can get up into a sitting position. I crawled back out of the bathroom with my PJs and first aid kit, silently crying to myself. My leg felt like it was on fire. I made it to my room and dropped the items I was carrying off in their rightful homes. I then crawled over to the closet, where my crutch was waiting. A few years back, my leg got messed up really bad at a school event. I was playing soccer. The nurse gave me a crutch that was a little bit too big on its smallest size. I hated how off it was, but now I'm grateful for it. When I got home, my parents got mad at me for messing up the game for my team and letting it happen. I'll let you imagine what happened next to my fourth grade self. I quit soccer after that year.

I grab the crutch and crawl over to my bed, where I got into a sitting position without too much incident. I adjust the height of it, and it was barely tall enough! Taking a deep breath, I got up and almost fell over again. No. I got this. It could be worse! Be grateful you still have a crutch!

I hobble over to my bag and make sure that I have everything in it. I had finished my homework when my parents were eating dinner and dessert. I even caught up with my morning classes again. I make sure that I still have Logan's notes in my bag. It would be a nightmare if I had forgotten them. I need to thank him. I ran through a mental checklist of all the things I need, then started my slow, painful walk to school.

819 Words
Sorry that this is a shorter chapter! The next chapter will be longer, I promise! Hope you are all enjoying your day!

💖 Maybay4