~26~

I'm back gremlins! How ya doin? Summer is here and, though I'm planning for a bazillion things, I should still have more time! That means I'll hopefully post more often! Who knows, I might even get back to once a week! I want to try and finish the story this summer, but I also have a thousand other goals and am going to get a job... wish me luck lol. But anyways, your wait is over! Let's check in on our favorite slithering snek boi! (Some non binary peeps I know are okay with being called boi, but if that doesn't sit right with any of you, let me know and I'll change it!)

Warnings: Grumpy child, the chaotic Patton Protection Squad, mentions of kneecaps. And French. Aaaa.

Sarah

“You’re such an elephant ear!” Hannah exaggeratedly expressed.

“Oh shush,” I replied, waving her off. She rolled her eyes and continued to try to reach for the computer that I was attempting to fix. “Chill, I’ve got it.”

“You’ve been saying that for the last fifteen minutes. Let me try.” I lifted the computer higher out of her reach. Despite being younger than me, we were about the same height. This made preventing her from getting the computer a bit more difficult. 

Our bickering was brought to an end by the door swinging open. “Guys!” We turned to see Marly rush in. Hannah stood up. 

“What’s going on?” She asked.

“The fanfic.” I slapped my face.

“Oh my heavens, what is Mary up to now?” 

“Being an idiot. Patton and Janus are fighting.” I sighed and I heard Hannah scoff. 

“Do they both need support?” Hannah asked.

“No, Patton’s covered from what I read. It’s Janus who we need to worry about.” Shaking my head, I got up and walked over to the book shelf.

“They just can’t get a break,” I muttered. My fingers brushed the books on the shelf before I pulled out the first Harry Potter book. The cover began to slide off to reveal a much different book, but I quickly adjusted it so no onlookers could see. I brought it over to the coffee table and placed it open next to the computer. 

I shared a look with the other girls before stepping into the book. A blinding light flashed before I opened my eyes; I was on the floor of our hideout. It was a wooden shack that was abandoned in the wood. We had found it a few months ago. Once we discovered it was abandoned, we cleaned it up, installed lighting, and put in a mini fridge. I quickly moved out of the way, just in time for Marly to fall right where I was. I sighed, smiling. It’s been a while since we’ve come back. 

“Is Janus at Patton’s house?” I asked Marly as I walked to the door and looked out. The sun was up. It looked to be around 5pm.

“Nope, they’re at their house.” I nodded and turned to see Hannah falling into the room. I laughed, which received a scrunched up face in return. Hannah picked up the open book on the ground, closed it, then put it under the rug. Can’t have the others discover our secret.

“Come on,” I held the door open as the others walked out. 

We slowly made our way to the Davis house.

“So what’s the plan?”

“I thought you had one.” She sighed.

“Oh come on, you always have the plan.”

“Well not this time, guess we’re going with whatever happens.” There’s no way Patton couldn’t hear the sighs from where he stood. Or laid. Or whatever he was doing.