~28~

Warning: Speedo Remus. You've been warned. Be careful out there, Remus is a serious threat and might make it away with your kneecaps if you aren't constantly cautious.

Patton
“Thank you again Mr. Johnson.” I held my backpack strap in one hand while I used the other to hold open the door.

“Don’t mention it, bugger. Come back any time.” Remy’s dad waved, smiling. I smiled back and offered a wave.

“Bye babes, are you sure you don’t want to stay for longer?” Remy questioned, standing next to the door. “Neither of us mind.” A warm feeling spread through my chest. They actually don’t mind me staying. This really sweet family has been so kind to me and fed me. They wouldn’t even let me help do the dishes after. I’m sure I was being a burden but… They almost make me feel like I’m not. That I could never burden them. I smiled, shaking my head. What am I thinking? Of course I’m a bother. But… They make me feel a bit more worth the effort.

“Thanks, but I’m okay. I made plans to go hang out with a friend today. Thank you so much.” I walked out the door, my smile slipping. 

I have to talk to Janus. Will they even want to see me? What if they choose to remain invisible? What if they refuse to even look at me? They probably hate me now. They told me how people assumed things about them because they’re a ghost. Does that make me any better? No… I was someone who abused their trust. I’m horrible. How could I have hurt them like this. I should just leave them alone, it would be better if I don’t talk to them again. They hate me now.

I stepped up to the Davis house, looking past the gate. The building held it’s warn down charm. I tried looking up into the windows, but I couldn’t see any golden eyes. I shook off the chills that ran up my spine. I should just head back. They hate me. I don’t want to make them uncomfortable or mad or-

“Blonde sperm maker!” I jumped at the sudden squealy voice. I turned to see Remus and one of his friends bounding up. He was wearing a speedo, bright green crocks, and an open beach dad shirt. His friend was barefoot and was wearing leggings and a button up flannel shirt. My face turned red and I quickly took my eyes off Remus. How was he allowed to leave his house wearing that? Wouldn’t his parents have stopped him? I thought back to Remy’s dad. Maybe he has chill parents like Remy.

“Um.. Hi Remus.” I offered a slight wave, still averting my eyes. Wow, how is he not cold? “Um… Who’s your friend?”

“This is Bronnie,” Remus started before the person next to him punched his arm hard.

“I told you, it’s either Bonnie or Bronwen!” She said in an exasperated italian or maybe Russian accent. Remus did a similar accent.

“But Bronnie is more fun to say, no?” She smacked him again, making him laugh. He licked the back of her hand and she wacked him with it to get the saliva off. 

“Fine, fine!” He laughed. She looked at me.

“Bonnie,” She said without an accent this time. Well, with an American accent. I can’t really say it’s without any accent. “You’re Patton, right?” I blinked.

“Oh um yeah, I’m Patton. What are you guys doing here?”

“We overheard Logan and Roman talking about ghosts so we’re here to join the dark side,” Remus said matter-of-factivly. I... What now?

“We figured the Davis house is the best place to start.”

“Plus Roman had talked about it a few times over the last two or so weeks.” Remus shrugged. “Come on! You can join us!” He grabbed my arm and skipped past the fence. Holy crap, how strong is he? Bonnie quickly followed behind. She opened the door.